• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Would now be a good time to resign?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Would now be a good time to resign?

Oh! too late.

After a 3 year stint with company, last two as perm, I decided enough was enough.

Crap hours, crap bosses, poor communication, lack of direction, politics, politics, politics. I quit. I just quit a 100K year job

So now working my notice and going to be finished and gone.

So would this be the time to ask what the market is like?

MF in ('Im back') Mode
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

You really need therapy for your impulsiveness. Did you lamp a colleague this time?
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Are you looking for contract only?

According to straw poll of cuk members today a third are on the bench! I hope poll is wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
        You really need therapy for your impulsiveness. Did you lamp a colleague this time?
        No just got pissed off and walked. Impulsive to the point of I'd been thinking of doing it for two months I suppose.
        What happens in General, stays in General.
        You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
          No just got pissed off and walked. Impulsive to the point of I'd been thinking of doing it for two months I suppose.
          Feel better now?

I left my last permie role 10 years ago with the words

Cram that up your well f***ed a55

I felt top of the world
          Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.

Patience is something you admire in the driver behind you and scorn in the one ahead.

Comment

100k a year? That's barely 6 figures. Please remember where you are sir.

MF, you are obviously one of those people who is destined to do just fine despite your best efforts not to. I'm sure you'll get something better.

Comment

Welcome back MF.

Comment

Originally posted by thunderlizard View Post
                100k a year? That's barely 6 figures. Please remember where you are sir.

MF, you are obviously one of those people who is destined to do just fine despite your best efforts not to. I'm sure you'll get something better.
                I'm stealing that, thanks.

Comment

I'll offer you 3 days a week £6/hr. what say you?
                  McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
                  Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Originally posted by lilelvis2000 View Post
                    I'll offer you 3 days a week £6/hr. what say you?
                    I have six overseas Marrilion Fans who will do it for £3p/h (actually £1 p/h but I need my cut)
                    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.

Patience is something you admire in the driver behind you and scorn in the one ahead.

Comment

Working...
                    X