• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Gazundered

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gazundered

I've just been gazundered on my property I'm selling. Buyer has come back at the 11th hour and wants to offer less money. I want to tell them to GF'ed but I'm aware that the summer is over and I may not have any serious offers until next spring.

Why can't people behave like decently any more?
    Cats are evil.

Originally posted by swamp View Post
    I've just been gazundered on my property I'm selling. Buyer has come back at the 11th hour and wants to offer less money. I want to tell them to GF'ed but I'm aware that the summer is over and I may not have any serious offers until next spring.

Why can't people behave like decently any more?
    What sort of % drop? Was the original offer a good one? Are you buying anywhere else : can you pass some up the chain?

Comment

If it's any consolation this happened to me when I sold a BTL.

In the end we agreed a new price in between the original price and what they were offering at the 11th hour.

Comment

Take the hit and move on ...but agree in exchange for something e.g. exchange contracts in certain period of time.

It is a buyers market and will remain so for some time.
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
          Take the hit and move on ...but agree in exchange for something e.g. exchange contracts in certain period of time.

It is a buyers market and will remain so for some time.
          Rather depends on the hit
          Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.

Patience is something you admire in the driver behind you and scorn in the one ahead.

Comment

Call their bluff and see what happens.
            My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Depends how badly you want to sell.
              Tell them to do one. If they then want to buy at the original price refuse to sell it to them. Unless you really are desperate to sell.

Remember house prices can go up as well as down.
              I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
              Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Why don't you just get a decent conveyancing system like us.

Comment

Originally posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
                  Tell them to do one. If they then want to buy at the original price refuse to sell it to them.
                  "... and I now want an extra £500 for the upset you have caused my wife."
                  My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
                    "... and I now want an extra £500 for the upset you have caused my wife."
                    5000 more like, just to make the point.
                    I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
                    Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Working...
                    X