• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The history of CUK

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The history of CUK

When, how and who started CUK?

Personally, I stumbled upon it a few years ago while looking for new contractor info, liked the feel of the place, lurked for a bit then joined up.

As I understand, the board had a previous incarnation and eventually moved to here but who started it? and when? who is the longest poster on here? (my guess is AtW, churchill/supreme spod, bagpuss or sas)

just curious.

Chef
    The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

ahhh one q answered "Contractor UK Ltd Est 1998 "
    The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Originally posted by chef View Post

Personally, I stumbled upon it a few years ago while looking for new contractor info, liked the feel of the place, lurked for a bit then joined up.

As I understand, the board had a previous incarnation and eventually moved to here but who started it? and when? who is the longest poster on here? (my guess is AtW, churchill/supreme spod, bagpuss or sas)

just curious.

Chef
      I first started posting on it in 2001 to about 2004 then never really bothered reading CUK until sometime last year. Apart from the users you mentioned there was Alfy, shaunbhoy, shimano105, mariliionfan, expat, milanbeans who all are still here I see. As for AtW, no one took him seriously back then either. RogerRabbit was quite amusing but guess he's long gone?

If I remember the longest running thead was shaunbhoys 'Colombian Hostages' until the admins decided to delete it.
      Last edited by TiroFijo; 21 August 2009, 06:37.

Comment

I started posting in about 2002.

God, when think of the time I've wasted here

Oh well, probably would have wasted it somewhere else.
        Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by chef View Post

just curious.

Chef
          Its hard to tell as there seems to have been cuk forums prior to this one.

I am still a newbie as only joined in Aug 2005. Which is a great pity as admin seems to think that the longer you post here there better a poster you are.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
            Its hard to tell as there seems to have been cuk forums prior to this one.
            There was, I think two before this one as some complained that they lost all their post numbers when they had to sign up again for the new one. AtW soon racked 1000's of posts in a week tho...
            Last edited by TiroFijo; 21 August 2009, 07:17.

Comment

Originally posted by TiroFijo View Post
              There was, I think two before this one as some complained that they lost all their post number when they had to sign up again for the new. AtW soon racked 1000's of posts in a week tho...
              And I bet all of them were bollux.

Comment

I started posting on here in 1999 while working in Germany, of course that was the old board.

There are plenty of people who've been posters on here much longer than me.

Oooooh, just noticed that I'm heading for my 12,000th non tpd post!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                  And I bet all of them were bollux.
                  funnily enough they were...

Comment

It was much better in the olden days when this forum was nothing but green fields All the posters back then were only part time IT Contractors and worked the rest of the time as world class comedians.

Now all the new people have come and ruined it.

Milan
                    ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Working...
                    X