• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The laws of physics are breaking down at HAB Towers!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The laws of physics are breaking down at HAB Towers!

Just has some visitors and one of them asked about the pile of junk kit. One was a flat screen that had died. I plugged it in a switched it on to show them (Lord only knows why I would do such a thing) and the bloody thing is working again. So now I am back to dual screen on my workstation.

Thinking this is odd, I grab my digital camera that had been playing up which I was looking into seeing if a repair was viable and that is working again too!

I’d get that light bulb that died last night and try that, but the bin men have already been.

Entropy is going into reverse at HAB towers; spooky.
    How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
    Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Its simply a knock-on from the current Solar Reactor issue - the Earths magenetopshere is now being impacted - dont be surprised by the odd behaviour that you describe - at least for the time being is a plus for you ... also its more than likely this accounts for the 'object movement' that Sally metnioned here today.

You may want to double check that electrical applicances plugs are removed from the wall socket this weekend - you can't be too safe these days.

Comment

You obviously tried turning it off and on.

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
        You obviously tried turning it off and on.
        Actually - I didnt think of that - yes if the power unit was to absorb the remainder of your Suns energy to force a complete - rather than a partial shutdown of the Solar reactor then simply restart it - that might just briing the SunSpots back - its a long shot but it might just work ...
        Last edited by AlfredJPruffock; 21 August 2009, 11:45.

Comment

Originally posted by AlfredJPruffock View Post
          Actually - I didnt think of that - yes if the power unit was to absorb the remainder ot the Suns energy to force a shutdown the Suns core then restart it - that might just briing the SunSpots back - its a long shot but it might just work ...
          Oh f**k, it didn't!

Anyone got a light?

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
            Oh f**k, it didn't!

Anyone got a light?
            Dont panic - worse case scenario we're talking 2 ... or maybe 4 million dead - tops.

Damn I should never have listened to TimberWolf ... it wasnt my idea you know ... where did I put the Solar Reactor manual ???

Never mind that - wheres my candles ??? Dont just sit there - do something for crying out loud ...
            Last edited by AlfredJPruffock; 21 August 2009, 11:54.

Comment

Originally posted by AlfredJPruffock View Post
              Dont panic - worse case scenario we're talking 2 ... or maybe 4 million dead - tops.

Damn I should never have listened to TimberWolf ... it wasnt my idea you know ... where did I put the Solar Reactor manual ???

Never mind that - wheres my candles ??? Dont just sit there - do something for crying out loud ...
              Don't look at me mate, do I look as though I can stave off global freezing?

Comment

Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
                Entropy is going into reverse at HAB towers; spooky.
                Entropy - its been years since I've seen or heard that word used - can't remember the forumulae for it now though.
                This default font is sooooooooooooo boring and so are short usernames

Comment

Working...
                X