• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Family trees

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Family trees

Has anyone bothered to research theirs? And is there better (free or low cost) software available to produce and print a family tree than genesreunited?

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
    Has anyone bothered to research theirs? And is there better (free or low cost) software available to produce and print a family tree than genesreunited?
    My Uncle traced ours back to the 12th century, although that was in the days before PCs (I mean when he worked on it, not the 12th century!)

If you find some good software for representing family trees I'd be very interested, as my cousin was asking about that only the other day.
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
      My Uncle traced ours back to the 12th century, although that was in the days before PCs (I mean when he worked on it, not the 12th century!)

If you find some good software for representing family trees I'd be very interested, as my cousin was asking about that only the other day.
      I've recently been tapping what I know into genesunited, which is quite good as a free offering (the paid for version provides things like war records), but (the free) version is a bit lacking in the print department IMO. I'm also torn over whether it's better to use standalone software, which would be a pain to distribute and view by other family members, or use on-line software. We're meeting up with a lost cousin soon who has apparently researched my fathers line of the tree.

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
        Yep. I don't use special software though.
        +50 Xeno Geek Points
        Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
        As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

One of the blokes I work with researches and produces family trees as a Plan B, next week I'll ask him what software he uses to map and print them.

Comment

Working...
          X