• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

New sockies

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New sockies

(Hypothetically) How long before I give up on my new Sockies first post?

Will the mod email me or my (hypothetical) sockie?

Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Thinking about getting a sockie to replace La Zip ....

So who is the new sockie?
    +50 Xeno Geek Points
    Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
    As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Originally posted by Zippy View Post
      Thinking about getting a sockie to replace La Zip ....

So who is the new sockie?
      (Hypothetically) I would never do that

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
        (Hypothetically) I would never do that
        I would. Not good atm.

Guess you've sobered up SY01?
        +50 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Originally posted by Zippy View Post
          I would. Not good atm.

Guess you've sobered up SY01?
          No, pissed again, which is why I (allegedly) considered (hypothetically) creating a sockie. Just to cheer myself up.

Comment

(Hypothetically) How long before I give up on my new Sockies first post?

Will the mod email me or my (hypothetical) sockie?

We have discovered in the past that the moderators actually have lives of their own. This came as an immense shock to me; I would never have thought there were humans behind CUK, for some reason.

There was one evening when Ferret posted to a very fast growing thread something to the effect of "You swines, why did you have to do this on my 5-a-side night?" That suggests there are hours at a time when there is nobody in attendance.

Therefore, it can be hours before your hypothetical DirtyDrapes sockpuppet gets its first post moderated.

Indeed, I have seen a newbies' first post appear up to about 30 hours after they actually wrote it.

So WinkStainWindowDressing's first post may appear tonight. Or GoingBlind's first post may appear in the morning. Or SpunkPelmet's first post may appear tomorrow afternoon.

Bust most likely it will just be banned.
            My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
              We have discovered in the past that the moderators actually have lives of their own. This came as an immense shock to me; I would never have thought there were humans behind CUK, for some reason.

There was one evening when Ferret posted to a very fast growing thread something to the effect of "You swines, why did you have to do this on my 5-a-side night?" That suggests there are hours at a time when there is nobody in attendance.

Therefore, it can be hours before your hypothetical DirtyDrapes sockpuppet gets its first post moderated.

Indeed, I have seen a newbies' first post appear up to about 30 hours after they actually wrote it.

So WinkStainWindowDressing's first post may appear tonight. Or GoingBlind's first post may appear in the morning. Or SpunkPelmet's first post may appear tomorrow afternoon.

Bust most likely it will just be banned.
              (Hypothetically)(Allegedly)(Without Prejudice) I understand. Dirty drapes was a close call.

Comment

No, pissed again, which is why I (allegedly) considered (hypothetically) creating a sockie. Just to cheer myself up.
                Good lad.

Not pissed but thinking about it. Would reallly hate to let Zip go though.
                Are you running Currently Drinking?
                +50 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

There was one evening when Ferret posted to a very fast growing thread something to the effect of "You swines, why did you have to do this on my 5-a-side night?"
                  That was the "TPD Holiday in General" thread

It was fun while it lasted...

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

AAA GAAA DOO DOO DOO
                  Since then I've also borne in mind the fact that ferret isn't around at that time on a Thursday night during five-a-side season - not for any particular reason, but it's nice to know things about the system

Comment

There was one evening when Ferret posted to a very fast growing thread something to the effect of "You swines, why did you have to do this on my 5-a-side night?"
                    Not quite as polite as you, RC:

Originally posted by ferret View Post

Trust you sods to do this on five-a-side night.

May the norovirus strike you all down

Comment

Working...
                    X