• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

10 cities to visit before you die

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

10 cities to visit before you die

1. Edinburgh
    2. Bath
    3. Liverpool
    4. Belfast
    5. Glasgow
    6. Oxford
    7. London
    8. Cardiff
    9. York
    10. Cambridge
    No mention of Swindon

wtf!! Glasgow and Edinburgh are on the worldwide boycott list don't go near the jocks

Liverpool is a true tuliphole

Why no mention of Manchester or Swindon?
    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Originally posted by Troll View Post
    No mention of Swindon

wtf!! Glasgow and Edinburgh are on the worldwide boycott list don't go near the jocks

Fair enough Edinburgh, but Glasgow would probably be the city you were visiting when you died, violently.

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
      No mention of Swindon

The list seems to have been compiled from the suggestions of people that stay at Travelodges, so I am not going to take it too seriously.

How Coventry doesn't make it onto that list I'll never know.

Comment

Originally posted by sweetandsour View Post
        How Coventry doesn't make it onto that list I'll never know.
        Genuine question: why should we visit Coventry? All I know of the place is that the Luftwaffe nearly flattened it.
        My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by Bunk View Post

Fair enough Edinburgh, but Glasgow would probably be the city you were visiting when you died, violently.
          Glasgow has far more to offer than the majority of the sink cities in England.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
            Glasgow has far more to offer than the majority of the sink cities in England.
            WHS

I love Glasgow - great place.

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
              Genuine question: why should we visit Coventry? All I know of the place is that the Luftwaffe nearly flattened it.
              One of my University offers was from Warwick.

I spent a spare two hours prior to visiting the campus on a cold winter's day walking around the centre of Coventry and in that time decided that there was no way that I was going to spend three years of my life there.

Many years have passed since then and I now realise that if I had spent those two hours in Leamington Spa instead it is likely that I would have reached the opposite conclusion and my whole life would have been different.

EDIT: There was no reason to visit Coventry based on the two hours that I spent there in 1988. I haven't been back since, it might be nicer now.
              Last edited by sweetandsour; 23 August 2009, 11:31.

Comment

Originally posted by Menelaus View Post
                WHS

I love Glasgow - great place.
                I like Glasgow too. I dont see why Minestrone has to turn this into the usual Scotland v England tulip though.
                Sink cities? Foff. Glasgow is a bad city especially out of the centre, as are Manchester, Liverpool and London (and more).
                I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
                Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Swindon obviously missing purely as it is a town and not a city.

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
                    I like Glasgow too. I dont see why Minestrone has to turn this into the usual Scotland v England tulip though.
                    Sink cities? Foff. Glasgow is a bad city especially out of the centre, as are Manchester, Liverpool and London (and more).
                    Of course it was me that started it all by posting a link to a 'don't go near the English' web site.

It never stops amazing me the level of stupidity that you can find on the web.

Comment

Working...
                    X