• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Benefit Abuse

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Benefit Abuse

note this is the TIMES not the daily mail

where are the twats that said this couldnt happen

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/new...cle6806484.ece

Originally posted by mrdonuts View Post

In power.

Comment

Originally posted by mrdonuts View Post
      note this is the TIMES not the daily mail

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/new...cle6806484.ece
      Could these be the same ones that told us that work permits were only being issued to people whose skills did not exist in the UK, nobody was being put out of work or prevented from being hired, and that those here on work permits were being paid more than the equivalent British national?
      How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
      Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

You've got to hand it to the gypo's entrepreneurial nous.

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
          You've got to hand it to the gypo's entrepreneurial nous.
          nothing to see here... move along
          Last edited by Troll; 23 August 2009, 17:11.
          How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Tip of the iceberg I suspect. Can't find the article now but seem to recall a similar item about Pakastan/Bangladesh some years back.

Until they start paying benefits only to a) UK citizens b) Other EU citizens to the extent that their governments pay UK citizens and c) Non EU citizens only if they have made substantial NI payments, this will only get worse.

Who can blame people for evading tax when it is wasted in this way?
            Last edited by xoggoth; 23 August 2009, 19:22.
            bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
            John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post

Ops, did I just admit that.

Oh heck. will be around in a sec.
              How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
              Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

makes me mad its money that should/could be spent here on hospitals or equipping the armed forces or paying of the national debt or so many more things but to see hard earned money being paid out to these people

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
                  Tip of the iceberg I suspect. Can't find the article now but seem to recall a similar item about Pakastan/Bangladesh some years back.

Until they start paying benefits only to a) UK citizens b) Other EU citizens to the extent that their governments pay UK citizens and c) Non EU citizens only if they have made substantial NI payments, this will only get worse.

Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post

Ops, did I just admit that.

Oh heck. will be around in a sec.
                  No you didn't.

Or did you.........
                  Still Invoicing

Comment

Originally posted by TazMaN View Post
                    In power.
                    hehehehe....great answer
                    Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Working...
                    X