• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Vision Express...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vision Express...

...you sneaky bastards.

Just got a new pair of specs, and am wearing them as I type this. And gorgeous (them, not me, more's the pity) they are too.

Right. When I got my last pair from the same branch I signed up for a loyalty card which gave me 10% discount. The sales chick noticed the loyalty thing and tried to refuse me the 10% discount (=£40) because the loyalty period "was nearly over".

Erm. Nearly over <> over. Grrr.

I find if you use mouthwash you dont need glasses.
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

I've been with SpecSavers for years an' years...

Time for a change, perhaps?
      "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
      - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

You guys are being ripped off.

try GlassesDirect.co.uk.
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

+1 for GlassesDirect.co.uk

Comment

Stop Pot Noodling. Your eyesight will gradually improve over time....
            Illegitimus non carborundum est!

Comment

Originally posted by Flubster View Post
              Stop Pot Noodling. Your eyesight will gradually improve over time....
              Are you referring to master bates ?

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                You guys are being ripped off.

try GlassesDirect.co.uk.
                Warning: mysqli::mysqli() [function.mysqli-mysqli]: (HY000/2002): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/tmp/mysql.sock' (2) in /www/releases/whitelabel/200934_04/lib/class.tracking.php on line 76
                Error connecting MySQL: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/tmp/mysql.sock' (2)
                Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                  Warning: mysqli::mysqli() [function.mysqli-mysqli]: (HY000/2002): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/tmp/mysql.sock' (2) in /www/releases/whitelabel/200934_04/lib/class.tracking.php on line 76
                  Error connecting MySQL: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/tmp/mysql.sock' (2)
                  Worked for me earlier.
                  I've had several pairs from here at a fraction of the price of the high street stores.

Interesting:
                  http://www.glassesdirect.co.uk/ works fine
                  Hard Brexit now!
                  #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                    Worked for me earlier.
                    I've had several pairs from here at a fraction of the price of the high street stores.

Interesting:
                    http://www.glassesdirect.co.uk/ works fine
                    Hmm...

I might try them, but it's the lenses that make my glasses expensive, not the frame.

I'm pretty short sighted, with astigmatism and now need varifocal, high index lenses which came out at £250 the last time I bought them. But GlassesDirect look like they could save me £25 on that.

I'd just need to have one of their opticians come to my house to measure me up...
                    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Working...
                    X