• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Swine 'flu stats accuracy analysis: Radio 4 at 8pm this evening

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Swine 'flu stats accuracy analysis: Radio 4 at 8pm this evening

Radio 4's "More or Less" programme includes an analysis of the government's Swine 'Flu statistics in the UK.

I know what they're going to say. Cyberman would be gutted.
    My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

The gist of it was that the reported, estimated number of people in the UK with Swine 'Flu is very probably incorrect - too high - by a factor of between 12 and 20.
    My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Yes well that was obvious since every hypochondriac, whipped up into a frenzy by the media, who called the helpline and went through a checklist of symptoms was counted.

This has obviously wasted stocks of Tamiflu as people who didn't need it were given some.

According to the HPA there are other flu viruses (apart from H1N1) present in the population.
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
        This has obviously wasted stocks of Tamiflu as people who didn't need it were given some.
        But it makes Liebour look like they are doing something so are seen by the sun reading plebs as a strong government so increasing chances of being re-elected.

Comment

But, sadly, there are children dying of other things because the 'helpline' is telling the parents the kids have Swine 'Flu.

Still, plenty quickness, much cheapness is what matters.

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
            Yes well that was obvious since every hypochondriac, whipped up into a frenzy by the media, who called the helpline and went through a checklist of symptoms was counted.

According to the HPA there are other flu viruses (apart from H1N1) present in the population.
            Anyone know what it's like to catch two (or more) flu viruses at the same time, e.g is it twice as bad as one or only 1.5x as bad, etc?

Comment

Working...
            X