• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Telegraph going downhill

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Telegraph going downhill

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/news...s-Simpson.html

"Letter reveals Queen Mother's rift with Wallis Simpson"

As Mrs BP said "In other news bears sh1t in the woods and BP hates his ex-wife"

They don't seem to proof read articles any more:

It place when Mrs Simpson and her husband, the Duke of Windsor, visited England from their exile in France immediately after the outbreak of the Second World War in September 1939.
    Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

and in a Labourgraph article only a couple of days ago, on that South African athelete, some mupp claimed she might have Adrenalin (sic) Insensitivity Syndrome, instead of Androgen Insensitivity Syndrome as I speculated on here the other day.

They probably get half their news now from looking at forums, and they can't even get that right.
      Last edited by OwlHoot; 23 August 2009, 23:22.
      Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
        They probably get half their news now from looking at forums, and they can't even get that right.
        I now regret not taking a few screen shots at Christmas. Some of the headlines made such nonsense they must have been copied and pasted by someone three sheets to the wind.

Oh goody, a bit of trivia - three sheets to the wind

Sailors at that time had a sliding scale of drunkenness; three sheets was the falling over stage; tipsy was just 'one sheet in the wind', or 'a sheet in the wind's eye'.
        Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Originally posted by Sysman View Post
          They don't seem to proof read articles any more:
          Private Eye has been reporting for some time that the newspapers in the UK have been cutting headcount to save costs so such errors are to be expected these days.

Comment

Originally posted by Gonzo View Post
            Private Eye has been reporting for some time that the newspapers in the UK have been cutting headcount to save costs so such errors are to be expected these days.
            If I were a newspaper I'd use retirees, like pedantic old school teachers, working part time for that kind of thing.

I'm sure they'd be glad of an extra bob or two, and it would keep their minds active, although I suppose a paper also has to think about turnaround time.
            Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Working...
            X