• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Waddya think of the Jobserve interface?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Waddya think of the Jobserve interface?

Unless I have gone mad, the Jobserve interface has changed since last week. It's now gone all 'XP' and shaded and pastel.

But on my Firefox 2 machine, the shadow between the menus is all over the place. Also the text for 'All' and 'None' in the boxes on the left is all over the place.

Or is it just me?
    My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

It looks a bit girly but is fine on FF3
    +50 Xeno Geek Points
    Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
    As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

I don't like the magnolia colour on the search boxes reminds of my BTL's

Comment

It has gone a bit "My First Computer".
        but I've never been a fan of Jobserve since the 90s when it had "Jobserve Instants". Type in your stringent criteria, hit "Refresh", phone up the bloke, start Monday.

Comment

Originally posted by Bright Spark View Post
          I don't like the magnolia colour on the search boxes reminds of my BTL's
          Oh, so its not just me then. I thought the fields had just gone yellow through overuse.
          Numbly tolerating the inequality as a way to achieve greater prosperity for all.

Comment

Bollocks. Printing off Jobserve is broken.

When there is lots of text, it does not run onto a 2nd page; it is truncated.

How crap is that?

I printed off some jobs yesterday evening to follow up this morning; on most of them the contact details have been chopped off.

Twats.
            My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Bollocks.

Jobserve have changed the URL for each job so instead of just being the "jsjob" number, it now contains the job title. So you cannot pull the job back up off their database because the reference number gets truncated off the page header.

Twats.

Does it not dawn on these numpties to get some jobseekers to do some testing for them?

Comment

And while I'm moaning, why can't I do a UK search any more? I know East Europeans want the UK in their job searches, but I don't want their crummy job ads in mine.

It's either Europe-wide or only up to so many miles.

Twats.

Comment

And another thing, their geo-database is rubbish. God knows what they are using.

I've tried a few towns just outside a city to be told they are 60 miles from that city.

So do not trust their "within 25 miles" type checking, 'cos the underlying co-ordinates are rubbish.

Twats.

Comment

rc, i'm gonna get you to test the latest plan g site i'm working on.

Comment

Working...
                    X