• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Health & Safety Numptiness

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Health & Safety Numptiness

Watch out, the numpties are back ...

This time it's the pint glass.

Originally posted by moorfield View Post
    Watch out, the numpties are back ...

This time it's the pint glass.
    Sebastian Conran, who heads the Home Office’s Design and Technology Alliance Against Crime, said: “There are existing plastic glasses and if you go to a baseball game in the United States you can buy beer in a paper cup.
    Eh? Why would be want to do that? The game'll be over by the time I've finished my tea and got the flight.
    Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Ok, Who was it?

From the Comments Section :

Luke Murley wrote:
      I once saw a woman so huge that the pint-pot in her hand looked like a half-pint-pot. It later transpired that it was a half-pint-pot and that she was a normal sized woman.
      August 24, 2009 11:53 AM BST on UK-TimesOnline Recommend? Report Abuse Permalink
      "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

They should use these too.

Comment

I still miss the old-style knobbly ones with a handle. They were much harder to smash.

Comment

Bring back the pewter tankard.

Bar room brawls would have comedy 'clonks' and 'clanks' like a 50’s pirate movie.
            Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

So what heppens when folk get paper cuts from their drinking "vessels"?

The worlds gone maaaad, maaad I tell you!

'elf and safety guru

Comment

Last Year I did a brief stint at an NHS body, and there was a cupboard placed near a corner and there was a sign on it saying

"This is a cupboard, please do not walk into it"

I sh*t you not.

Needless to say I left after a month

Comment

How many people have tripped over those "wet floor" signs they put on shop floors or bumped your head on a "mind your head" notice? I don't notice them at other times.

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
                    How many people have tripped over those "wet floor" signs they put on shop floors or bumped your head on a "mind your head" notice?
                    I once tripped over a little orange 'traffic cone' that was marked 'CLOSE THIS DOOR' that was propping open a door.

I have never worked that one out.
                    My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Working...
                    X