• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

House prices

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

House prices

Will they go up or down? I have put very little effort into this poll.
    Up
    33.33%
    Down
    46.67%
    AndyW
    20.00%

yes
    "Condoms should come with a free pack of earplugs."

Comment

Maybe.
      Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Bollox

The improvement in housing market conditions, however, does not mean that the positive price trends of recent
        months can be extrapolated into the future in a straight line. If prices continue to increase at the rate of the last
        three months, they would soon rise to levels that would be noticeably out of line with earnings, rents and other
        fundamental determinants of housing valuations. One should also not underestimate the impact over time of high
        unemployment, which has implications both for buyer confidence and the financial pressure on existing owners to
        sell. It is unlikely, therefore, that price increases can be sustained for long at the very strong rate observed over
        the last few months.

So yes no and maybe

Next
        There are no evil thoughts except one: the refusal to think

Comment

I think they will bump along pretty much as they are for at least another year.
          ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

They will go up because
            1) low savings rates offered by banks
            2) mortgages approvals increasing
            3) increasing population
            4) If everything else collapses you still have a physical asset!

Comment

Depends a lot with what happens with interest rates. What will the conservatives do with them if they get in?

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
                Depends a lot with what happens with interest rates. What will the conservatives do with them if they get in?
                Outside of their control unless they undo Lab's decision to give to BofE. Which I don't they will.

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
                  Will they go up or down? I have put very little effort into this poll.
                  Yes, no, maybe.

When do I need to make a decision?

Comment

Originally posted by TinTrump View Post
                    Outside of their control unless they undo Lab's decision to give to BofE. Which I don't they will.
                    You mean BOE decisions aren't decided by nods and winks and social grooming at private functions, but are really independent?

Comment

Working...
                    X