• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Fridge Freezer

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fridge Freezer

Problem
    I need a new fridge freezer (as my current one is extremely old and just needs replacing in so many ways) and have never bought one before..

As far as I can tell this is THE most boring purchase Ive ever researched but nonetheless I thought I'd do the research just the same as other purchases just in case I miss out getting a bargain. So..

Requirements
    Freestanding
    White
    Single Door width (not a huge double door jobby)
    No Ice dispenser needed (never gets that hot to require drinks with ice)
    Size: doesnt matter
    Energy Efficient
    Frost Free freezer

The above describes a huge range to choose from and vary in cost by £500 so WTF do you actually look for when deciding on a fridge freezer to narrow down your purchase? i.e what makes a good new fridge/freezer against a crappy one assuming both work?
    The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

I did this research just a few weeks ago!

You go to the Which? web site and pay £1 for the report which reviews scores of them. Make your choice, then unsubscribe.
    My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by chef View Post
      Single Door width (not a huge double door jobby)
      No Ice dispenser needed (never gets that hot to require drinks with ice)
      It's got to have two doors it comes in two parts !

Ice dispenser - (or an integral ice maker) - Brilliant things. Why not have one?
      How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
      Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

look for one with a bio fresh drawer. Keeps your fruit and veg good for weeks.
        I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
        Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

I'd go for one with the fridge compartment at the top and freezer bit at the bottom. Why bend down n times a day?
          Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Originally posted by Sysman View Post
            I'd go for one with the fridge compartment at the top and freezer bit at the bottom. Why bend down n times a day?
            Where n = 1?

Comment

Don't buy a Chav one.

Comment

Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
                It's got to have two doors it comes in two parts !

Ice dispenser - (or an integral ice maker) - Brilliant things. Why not have one?
                Yes it needs 2 doors, but I wanted one 1 door width wide i.e not a double width sized one

I dont ever use ice so no need for an ice maker, I dont like ice in my bourbon and can't think of any other time I'd need ice? the things that need to be kept cold are in the fridge

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                  Don't buy a Chav one.
                  what's a chav fridge freezer then?

Comment

Originally posted by Sysman View Post
                    aren't they all like that

Comment

Working...
                    X