• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Off the bench...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Off the bench...

Following an interview last week I've been offered and accepted a perm job... three years of contracting for me are now at a close.

Wasn't as clear cut for me as I do value my time with family a lot etc, and given the current situation with the market, bench time, drop in rates, dodgy agents, etc, etc I figured having a career job is still a viable option. Just glad I've managed to secure something and it's right on my doorstep which is a bonus.

I'll probably still frequent these boards as I intend to keep my company running and offer services outside my mainstream job (in whatever capacity I'm unsure, not thought about it yet).
    The cycle of life: born > learn > work > learn > dead.

shame about it being permie ...
    +50 Xeno Geek Points
    Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
    As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Well done lad

When moving back to permie, you need to make sure that you don't adhere to your normal contractor work ethic during the probation period. Otherwise, the management's expectations of you will be high and your colleagues will all hate you.

Comment

Originally posted by mace View Post
        When moving back to permie, you need to make sure that you don't adhere to your normal contractor work ethic during the probation period.
        Like posting on CUK all day and leaving at 5.00 on the dot every day?
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

great stuff just need more like you to go back to the dark side before our
          rates start increasing again. good luck with the permie job

Comment

(that's another one out of the way)
            My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by Bright Spark View Post
              great stuff just need more like you to go back to the dark side before our
              rates start increasing again. good luck with the permie job
              The cycle of life: born > learn > work > learn > dead.

Comment

Good Luck

Comment

Comment

I hope u you used the 3 years' contracting to save save save. I'm going to go permie one day, but it'll probably be in a local job 3 days a week. I'll do it when I have achieved financial freedom - only need another £600,000 or so to put the plan in motion.

Comment

Working...
                    X