• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Suicide Squirrel

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Suicide Squirrel

I was riding my bike along the towpath tonight to my sumptiously appointed mansion near Windsor (nowhere near that town the Luftwaffe missed) when I came across a chap wrestling to keep his dog under control. He looked a little agitated and shouted something then I saw the problem, a baby squirrell had jumped from a tree and couldn't get back.

I swiftly jumped off my steed (quite a feat considering I had six metres of trunking taped to my crossbar) and went to the squirrels rescue. Poor thing was terrified (you would be too if you had seen the full effect of me in shorts) I picked it up and placed it in the tree. It took its first few faltering steps up the tree watched by its new adoptive parents. The chap with the dog & I exchanged glances both pleased with the moment.

So about 7 pm tonight a squirrel was saved from near death and for a moment all was right with the world.

I decided to name it Alexei! So if you see a fat cyclist with loud shorts on a towpath near you shouting good morning in Russian to a squirrel you know you have seen Vetran. Either that or the world is even more weird than you imagined.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Good deed...I like squirrels....
    "If you can read this, thank a teacher....and since it's in English, thank a soldier"

Comment

Bravo that man! I'm sure the world of squirreldom salutes you!
      "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
      - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
        I had six metres of trunking taped to my crossbar...
        if you had seen the full effect of me in shorts...
        eek.
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
          I'm sure the world of squirreldom salutes you!
          That'll just make more of them fall out of trees, Shirley?
          My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

All rise.

Veteran, by the power bestowed upon me by the Sciurine Overlord, I hereby knight you for services rendered to the squirrel community.

<swordery>

Erm, sorry about that - can someone grab some bandages please?

Arise, Sir Veteran! Knight of the Order of the Ninja Squirrels!

Comment

Squirrels = rats with bling, surely?

Bling in this context obviously refers to their tails.

Comment

You lot wont be pleased to hear about the one that was a tyres width short of crossing 3 lanes of crowded motorway then?

If it had been a red I might have tried to avoid it.
                I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
                Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Originally posted by realityhack View Post
                  All rise.

Veteran, by the power bestowed upon me by the Sciurine Overlord, I hereby knight you for services rendered to the squirrel community.

<swordery>

Erm, sorry about that - can someone grab some bandages please?

Arise, Sir Veteran! Knight of the Order of the Ninja Squirrels!
                  Don't worry Vetran - that'll wash out...

(and I'm sure the engraver can place a flower or something over that miss-spelling in yer name... )
                  "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
                    That'll just make more of them fall out of trees, Shirley?

Comment

Working...
                    X