• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

BBFC Classifications "Unenforceable" Due To Government Fail...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BBFC Classifications "Unenforceable" Due To Government Fail...

...which did, in fact, happen under the Tories

Twenty-five years ago, Margaret "Evil Witch" Thatcher's Government pushed through legislation to make British Board of Film Classification (BBFC) ratings for videos (including later technologies such as DVDs) and games legally enforceable.

Unfortunately, they failed to correctly implement said law, and it now turns out that BBFC classifications for the last quarter of a century have meant jack tulip.

Oddly, although the news is on Radio 4 at the moment, none of the online news sources seem to have it yet - but I daresay you can find your own links exposing the utter incompetence of a Tory Government by the time you read this

Here's the story in the Torygraph
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/news...f-blunder.html

It is outrageous that the law is not enforceable just because the EC was not informed about it at the time.

I hope the UK looks seriously into reducing its future contributions to the EU.
    </CYBERMAN>

Comment

Originally posted by Gonzo View Post
      Here's the story in the Torygraph
      http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/news...f-blunder.html

It is outrageous that the law is not enforceable just because the EC was not informed about it at the time.

I hope the UK looks seriously into reducing its future contributions to the EU.
      </CYBERMAN>
      'fraid not: BBC.
      How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
      Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        the utter incompetence of a Tory Government by the time you read this
        I have my own issues with that particular Tory government, but was such an error the fault of the government, or the bit of the Civil Service the processes new legislation?

Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
        'fraid not: BBC.
        So that's how Bliar bought his place in the running for EU President. What an utter, utter self-serving bastard.
        Last edited by RichardCranium; 25 August 2009, 07:19.
        My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

How quickly can I set up a website selling adult material to kids? How much money can I make in 3 months?

FFS why does it take 3 months to close this loophole? Why dont they recall parliament immediately to fix it? Lazying MP scrounging barstewards are sunning themselves in some remote destination before coming back to their ivory towers before pronouncing on how to run the country for the benefit of the the common people despite having no idea how they live. The whole lot want to be sent to some slum council estate to live to find out what life is like.

I feel better now......

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
            FFS why does it take 3 months to close this loophole?
            Cos that's how long <insert big consultancy partner with a labour MP on the board> will take for their consultation on the matter.

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
              Cos that's how long <insert big consultancy partner with a labour MP on the board> will take for their consultation on the matter.
              Were that the case it would take 3 years.....

Comment

Working...
              X