• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

North West London accom.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

North West London accom.

Hi all,

I want to spend as little as possible on my digs when I'm in London although I do want to stay somewhere clean and safe.

I had just assumed I'd get a hotel, but I'm starting to think a flat share may be cheaper?

Does anyone have any ideas of best places to stay/best flat sharing websites/cheap hotels, etc in the Earls Court area.

I'd only be staying Monday to Friday.

Cheers,
    Sal
    The pope is a tard.

Originally posted by SallyAnne View Post
    Hi all,

I want to spend as little as possible on my digs when I'm in London although I do want to stay somewhere clean and safe.

I had just assumed I'd get a hotel, but I'm starting to think a flat share may be cheaper?

Does anyone have any ideas of best places to stay/best flat sharing websites/cheap hotels, etc in the Earls Court area.

Cheers,
    Sal
    Could be very cheap... how's your Ausie accent?

BTW Don't mention the Ashes.
    Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

"North West London" - Earls Court

Hmmmmmmmm.
      How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
      Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Hi all,

Cheers,
        Sal
        That area will be awash with Aussie/Saffa/Kiwi houseshares - you'll be able to get a decent one with a bunch of young pros (not the ~20 brigade, they'll drive you nuts) from gumtree or TNT for around £130ish a week for a short term let.

Comment

Thinking about it - if the gig is at Earls Court, why are you looking at NW London? Why not places like Hammersmith, Fulham, Putney, Wimbledon, Richmond or Kew? MUCH better surroundings.

Comment

Originally posted by realityhack View Post
            That area will be awash with Aussie/Saffa/Kiwi houseshares - you'll be able to get a decent one with a bunch of young pros (not the ~20 brigade, they'll drive you nuts) from gumtree or TNT for around £130ish a week for a short term let.
            Cheers RH
            The pope is a tard.

Comment

Cheers RH
              I know a landlady with 2 decent houses in Richmond, about 2 mins from the station. I could check if she had any spare rooms if you like. Mrs RH used to stay there before we lived together. PM me the dates.

Comment

I had a room in kilburn for a short while a couple of years back. Paid £400 / month.

Comment

West London

Hi all,

Cheers,
                  Sal
                  I stay in Kensington and I would say that at the moment there shoudl be quite a bit of accommodation available in the Earls Court, Notting Hill area and a lot of house shares so you should be ok for the short term.

EC is more West than NW (North West would be Maida Vale,Kilburn,Queens Park,Willesden, Neasdon, Dollis Hill, Harlesden all the way up to Wembly).(DO NOT rent in Dollis Hill or Harlesden )

I have lived in Kilburn and IME, its all a bit iffy, but Maida Vale/Warwick Avenue is nice. In West, Holland Park, Gloucester Road , and Notting Hill are nice(But expensive). Be wary of Notting Hill , Ladbroke Grove area as its expensive and towards the north can be quite rough.

A bit further west you get Shephards Bush and Hammersmith, I know Shephards Bush can be very iffy but there are some really nice parts of Hammersmith/Ravencourts Park although its not an area I profess to know very well.

I think at the moment you can get a nice room in a nice area for a reasonable(By London standards) price but DYOR. Try www.thegumtree.com for sharing.

HTH
                  There are no evil thoughts except one: the refusal to think

Comment

South Ken has this Gem: http://www.gumtree.com/london/12/44193912.html
                    Although TBH I think that's a typo - It should be £1000pw

Comment

Working...
                    X