• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contribution to EU going up

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Contribution to EU going up

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/8219344.stm

I thought we were broke?
    Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God? - Epicurus

How can you be broke when you are printing money FFS?

Comment

KUATB http://forums.contractoruk.com/926832-post3.html
      I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
      Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post

Easily, ask Robert Mugabe.
        Numbly tolerating the inequality as a way to achieve greater prosperity for all.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post

The good thing about printing money is that it doesn't cause reported inflation. In fact the more they print, the more they worry about deflation. It's the economic equivalent of a free energy machine. Boomed.

Comment

Originally posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
            Silly me - how could I not realise that "'fraid not BBC" in an unrelated thread about licenses was actually on this subject??
            Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
              The good thing about printing money is that it doesn't cause reported inflation. In fact the more they print, the more they worry about deflation. It's the economic equivalent of a free energy machine. Boomed.
              Good grief...that is so wrong and shows such a complete lack of understanding for even the basics of economics that it's not even worth trying to explain to you why.

"Printing money doesn't cause inflation"

Comment

Originally posted by PM-Junkie View Post
                Good grief...that is so wrong and shows such a complete lack of understanding for even the basics of economics that it's not even worth trying to explain to you why.

"Printing money doesn't cause inflation"
                Whooooooshhhhh

Comment

Working...
                X