• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Mac OS X Snow Leopard

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mac OS X Snow Leopard

upgrade from Leopard for only £25

Thieving gypsies
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Are you complaining about the cost or the cost compared to the US ($29)
    ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

The sky high cost of course, that's like 20 minutes of my hard labour
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Thought about Windows 7?
        ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
          The sky high cost of course, that's like 20 minutes of my hard labour
          Just be glad you're not still on tiger...
          ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
            Just be glad you're not still on tiger...

No upgrade from 10.4. Need to buy the 'Box' edition for God knows how much. They justify it by including new versions of iWork and iLive (which would I never use).

Have 2 machines still on 10.4.

Agreed! Thieving pack of bastards!
            Last edited by bogeyman; 25 August 2009, 15:47.

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by DiscoStu View Post
              Thought about Linux?
              Me, me, me...

Comment

Still cheaper than Vista,.....
                "If you can read this, thank a teacher....and since it's in English, thank a soldier"

Comment

Originally posted by bogeyman View Post

No upgrade from 10.4. Need to buy the 'Box' edition for God knows how much. They justify it by including new versions of iWork and iLive (which would I never use).

Have 2 machines still on 10.4.

Agreed! Thieving pack of bastards!
                  It's probably too much of a pita to make iLife and iWork from tiger work in 10.6, but yes you'll get stung. Is there a "Box" family pack?

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
                    It's probably too much of a pita to make iLife and iWork from tiger work in 10.6, but yes you'll get stung. Is there a "Box" family pack?
                    I'm pretty sure I saw a "Box" family pack when I bought the standard one.
                    Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Working...
                    X