• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Accounting company that does expenses.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Accounting company that does expenses.

I dont like that I have to send my Company expenses to the accountant every month.

Is there an accountancy that will be accounting Company expenses without my help. I want them to go into my Online Banking web pages and check all expenses there. ?

No. Next...
    Blog? What blog...?

Comment

I believe that the Psychic Accountancy Service can do this for you..

Seriously, how are they supposed to know what you actually bought from a one-line bank statement entry!?

Comment

Originally posted by Frogstomp View Post
        I believe that the Psychic Accountancy Service can do this for you..

Seriously, how are they supposed to know what you actually bought from a one-line bank statement entry!?
        You mean you have to buy something to claim expenses? Gosh...
        Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Even if you put everything through the business account how would debit card or cheque payments have meaningful descriptions they could use to distinguish business from personal expenses or personal drawings? Do you really want to give a third party your UID/pwd to let them do it?
          bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
          John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by juststarting View Post
            Is there an accountancy that will be accounting Company expenses without my help. I want them to go into my Online Banking web pages and check all expenses there. ?
            What you want is an umbrella with "special dispensation" where they charge max expenses for you every day.

A search for "umbrella" and "dispensation" and "HMRC" on this site will find you some companies that do just that and some feedback about them too.
            My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

I dont like that I have to send my Company expenses to the accountant every month.

Maybe you should just stop being so lazy.

HTH
              ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Originally posted by DiscoStu View Post
                Maybe you should just stop being so lazy.

HTH

That reminds me.....

I have a 4 month expenses back log - I must get to it.
                This default font is sooooooooooooo boring and so are short usernames

Comment

Just tell your accountant that you won't be bothering with sending them your receipts and that you will be taking out your expenses without proof. Tell them that HMRC won't investigate you because you are an honest guy. And don't forget to add a few quid on your expense claim, nobody will notice. Go on... do it... And remember, we didn't suggest this idea to you.

If your company is the best place to work in, for a mere £500 p/d, you can advertise here.

Comment

Originally posted by Frogstomp View Post
                    My idea is that it is stupid to be doing work which the accountant should be doing.

They should:

1. Have access to the online banking pages.
                    2. Have access to an email account where all receipts are sent to by either yourself or the companies that have invoiced you. ( we are talking company expenses only ).
                    3. If they cannot match invoice to an entry on the bank statement they should email you asking you what that is.

I guess the current system with major accountants is is ok for contractors with 30 or less accounting items every month.

But if you have more accountring entries , for example if you sell something transactionally , you would start to think about different accountancy ..

Comment

Working...
                    X