• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Ted Kennedy - who cares?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ted Kennedy - who cares?

who cares who cares or not beyond those who have a care?

however i personally object to anyone who evinces pleasure in the death of another human. pretty tasteless and brutal in my book!

The man was not a saint. Mary-Jo Kopechne's family probably have a view on that.
    +50 Xeno Geek Points
    Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
    As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

He was an IRA loving ****.

His family were anti british. 'nough said!
      I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

zip it zippy. no one is claiming sainthood. just saying don't revel in the death of a fellow, flawed human, that's all!

Comment

He was an IRA loving ****.

His family were anti british. 'nough said!
          yeah? how about linky for starters? and what makes you so perfect???

personally i have no interest in the man. just hate seeing self-righteous luvvies jump on the gravestone of the dead.

Comment

I think Denis Leary (Bill Hicks) summed him up pretty well: "Great Senator, but a bad date."

Not going to be missed by me. Americans have been clinging on to the Kennedy dynasty, for far too long.

Comment

I think it's wrong to put up a post like the original Who cares post. However I don't like the whole IRA thing, so I'm sceptical of those waxing lyrical.
              The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Bet there's a new crusty patch on Cyberman's curtains tonight.
                ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Trots off and finds out who this "Ted Kennedy" bloke is...

So he's Merkin minor royalty who once said something 40 years ago which pissed us of but which he later retracted when he found out what he was talking about.

Now he's dead.

Never mind "Who cares?". Who gives a flying fox? He is of no significance and now he's no more.

Non story. Move on.
                  My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

OK - lets have a sensible go at this.

Brother of the most iconic president dies this am and it takes all day for some one to start a thread on this. This must tell us something e.g. we are all too young, stupid or cynical to appreciate what he did for the USA

He was a member of the US senate since 1962 and led education and healthcare reforms. He was very widely respected in his country for his work.

He had a few faults.

I suppose where I'm going is that he didn't do anything in particular for our great country (Libya possibly - sales of Armalites must have gone through the roof) so, whilst it's a tragedy for his family, it's not a tragedy for us.

I don't glory in his death, but I can't grieve either.
                    +50 Xeno Geek Points
                    Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
                    As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Working...
                    X