• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Russian plans to invade Manchester

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Russian plans to invade Manchester

Incredible

http://news.uk.msn.com/uk/article.as...ntid=149367279

You think that incredible?

Then I take it you are not a child of the bomb?
    My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post

Very, very crispy. Very, very dead.
      +50 Xeno Geek Points
      Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
      As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

You think that's worrying, Berwick-upon-Tweed is still at war with Russia.

Comment

The tanks would have circumvented scummy Hulme and Moss Side, nothing to see there Comrade, move along.

Comment

I was a child of the bomb, which is why I was surprised they'd bother to physically invade Manchester when they could have just nuked us.
            It would take a lot of manpower to spread the revolution that far and maintain it's iron grip. Resources wise maybe they wanted coal, North Sea oil and factories.
            They would have probably installed Labour useful idiots as a puppet government.

Mind you it was always NATO who would have used tactical nukes first, the Russkis would never have made it into France.

Comment

No way it would happen today.

Can you imagine the Chavski's being told that they'd have to work post-occupation in a labour camp ?

There would be riots...
              Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by Board Game Geek View Post

There would be riots...
                And many deaths...

I wonder how adept today's youth would be at repelling an invasion. I'd like to think they would rise to the challenge but I fear they would succumb in minutes.
                ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
                  I wonder how adept today's youth would be at repelling an invasion. I'd like to think they would rise to the challenge
                  Wotchoo looking a' innit? I'z gotta blade, see?

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
                  but I fear they would succumb in minutes.
                  Minutes? What would cause the delay? Teasing them first, or just struggling with the Russian-English dictionary?
                  My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Minutes? What would cause the delay? Teasing them first, or just struggling with the Russian-English dictionary?
                    Russian - Chav dictionary

Comment

Working...
                    X