• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Another Howler in the Labourgraph

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another Howler in the Labourgraph

The Telegraph's rapid evolution to a tabloid rag proceeds apace:

Dinosaurs hit rivals like athletes hit balls

The clumsy, bizarre-looking mammals were covered with a thick tortoise-like shell and roamed the planet up to 23 million years ago.
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

That is wikipedia "knowledge" for you.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glyptodont
    Glyptodonts were large, more heavily-armored relatives of extinct pampatheres and modern armadillos. They first evolved during the Miocene in South America,
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miocene
    The Miocene is a geological epoch of the Neogene period and extends from about 23.03 to 5.33 million years before the present (23.03 to 5.33 Ma).
    ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Totally confusing that article, are they trying to talk about Glypodons or Glyptodon-like dinosaurs? I seem to recall from my typical boyhood obession that those were Ankylosaurs.

Ps Actually, apart from word Dinosaur in title and first line it would be ok. You would think they would spot that.

PPS We need a poll. Which would win between a Glyptodon and an Ankylosaurus?
      Last edited by xoggoth; 27 August 2009, 08:56.
      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

It's close, but the glyptodon wins.
        Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
          The Telegraph's rapid evolution to a tabloid rag proceeds apace:

Dinosaurs hit rivals like athletes hit balls
          The two-ton prehistoric beast - which grew to the size of a small car - killed predators by swinging its spiked tail with the skill of an Andy Murray backhand.
          Perhaps that was why they died out? Over at Andy Murray's Tennis Homepage we see:

Andy Murray suffered his eighth loss of the year as he succumbed to a 6-2 7-6 defeat to Roger Federer, and with it, threw up his Cincinnati champion mantle up for grabs for tomorrow's final.
          Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

According to wikepdia, Dizzie Rascal is on the list of famous people from Lodonderry

Comment

Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
              According to wikepdia, Dizzie Rascal is on the list of famous people from Lodonderry
              You're thinking of Fergal Sharkey.
              ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
                I think these people might be able to help you.
                My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Working...
                X