• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Which Business Account ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which Business Account ?

Hi Guys,

I wish to open a business account for my limited company.

But Carter Allen want a minimum of 5k balance even on opening, don't quite understand because a couple of years ago I manage to open one with a £1 cheque.

i'm considering HSBC\Abbey

Any other suggestions ?

Note from CUK: Not if you use us as introducer: http://www.contractoruk.com/money/fr...k_account.html
    free banking so long as you stay in credit and £5k min balance is waived.
    Last edited by Contractor UK; 2 September 2009, 14:05.

Been with HSBC for years and years. Does what is says on the tin. Highly recommended.
    Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Cheers only issue I have with HSBC is that they appear to start charging after 18 months.

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
        Been with HSBC for years and years. Does what is says on the tin. Highly recommended.
        +1
        ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

tnks will look at it more closely

in the mean time any takers for Abbey or any other recommendations ?

Comment

Cater Allen and Abbey are both Santander. I have been with Abbey for 6 years. Apart from the glitch when they launched a new website a few months ago, I have no complaints. They used to "guarantee" no charges on the account if in credit. Maybe they still do, I'm not sure. It is an OK, cheap and cheerful basic business account and I am happy with that. HTH.
            Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
            Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Originally posted by Fred Bloggs View Post
              Cater Allen and Abbey are both Santander. I have been with Abbey for 6 years. Apart from the glitch when they launched a new website a few months ago, I have no complaints. They used to "guarantee" no charges on the account if in credit. Maybe they still do, I'm not sure. It is an OK, cheap and cheerful basic business account and I am happy with that. HTH.
              +1

Only ever had an issue when trying to pay an invoice to a DE account.

They insisted I faxed them the form FFS.

Apart from that all is simple and dandy.

Comment

You want to chase a better interest rate also. I`m with HSBC for Current Biz account and savings account and recommend them but the rates are sh*t. THere are better options around if you`re able to tie up decent sums of money for 6 to 12 months.

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
                  +2

Comment

Originally posted by BiggieBig View Post
                    Hi Guys,

I wish to open a business account for my limited company.

But Carter Allen want a minimum of 5k balance even on opening, don't quite understand because a couple of years ago I manage to open one with a £1 cheque.
                    Most accountants (such as ourselves) in this sector use Cater Allen and can open an account for you, in which case the £5K minimum is waived.

Comment

Working...
                    X