• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Encona Chilli Sauce and Lea and Perrins skulduggery

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Encona Chilli Sauce and Lea and Perrins skulduggery

Is it me or is Encona chilli sauce getting 'weaker'? When it first hit the market, a couple of drops was all I needed to induce the 'Mexican Sweats' but last night I found myself emptyin quarter of the bottle on my chilli to give it a bit of oomph.

Of course it could be my palate deteriorating as I have the same view on Lea & Perrins Worcester sauce - I am sure the bu**gers have been watering it down over the last 10 years in an attempt to make more money.

Anyone else have a view on this?

Originally posted by singhr View Post
    Is it me or is Encona chilli sauce getting 'weaker'? When it first hit the market, a couple of drops was all I needed to induce the 'Mexican Sweats' but last night I found myself emptyin quarter of the bottle on my chilli to give it a bit of oomph.

Of course it could be my palate deteriorating as I have the same view on Lea & Perrins Worcester sauce - I am sure the bu**gers have been watering it down over the last 10 years in an attempt to make more money.

the West Indian variety of Encona right?

Its still pretty hot - but you may have just built up a tolerance?

Comment

Try this: http://www.hotsauceemporium.co.uk/de...php?prodID=111
      Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

I'm not sure it's getting weaker but they've definitely upped the vinegar content.

I use it on the side now (sandwiches) but not in cooking. Get yourself a big bag of scotch bonnets from the market and freeze them.

Comment

but dont do this

http://www.hotsauceemporium.co.uk/ho...Disclaimer.php
          The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

I put some on my macaroni cheese at lunch time, seeing as though it has just rather painfully exited my system in 5 hours I would say it still has a bit of omphh.

Comment

Originally posted by singhr View Post

I think its time you tried a new sauce. A new sauce may be what you need to put your mind at rest. Sounds like you aren't getting much sleep. Good luck.

Comment

Yuo can get this bad boy in ASDA (cheaper too). It'll kick any of the Encona range into touch!!

The vegetarian option.

Comment

I've never understood this ridiculously spicy food thing. Is there something appealing about the burning mouth, hot sweat and inevitable burning ring a few hours later?
                  ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Originally posted by DiscoStu View Post
                    I've never understood this ridiculously spicy food thing. Is there something appealing about the burning mouth, hot sweat and inevitable burning ring a few hours later?
                    It's addictive.

Here is one I quite like... ass blaster. It does what it says on the box.

Comment

Working...
                    X