• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Been had by a cowboy plumber

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Been had by a cowboy plumber

Just been had by a dodgy plumber.

He's fitted a new shower and not done agood job at all, on top of that his bill has leapt by £1000. Apparently the quote he gave me did not include part !?!?!

Suggestions as to how I cripple the barsteward.....

I hope this is a comedy thread.

Comment

Originally posted by bellymonster View Post
      Just been had by a dodgy plumber.
      You lucky b@stard!!!

The pope is a tard.

Comment

Did he bang his tool hard and groan about a tight fitting?

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
          I hope this is a comedy thread.

Did he fill your pipe?
          We don't have to save the world. The world is big enough to look after itself. What we have to be concerned about is whether or not the world we live in will be capable of sustaining us in it.
          - Douglas Adams

Comment

This shower, was it golden?
            ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
              This shower, was it golden?
              Too far.

Comment

Did you get a written quote from him?

If so: if it is quatified then check to see if the part is listed. If it was a lump sum check the wording - if it says quote for the complete shower works he has no leg to stand on

If it was all verbal you be pooched
                Growing old is mandatory
                Growing up is optional

Comment

Originally posted by Halo Jones View Post
                  Did you get a written quote from him?

If so: if it is quatified then check to see if the part is listed. If it was a lump sum check the wording - if it says quote for the complete shower works he has no leg to stand on

If it was all verbal you be pooched
                  I had the quote sent as email so does that count as a legal document?
                  Not sure of the wording but will check when I get home.

Comment

Originally posted by bellymonster View Post
                    Too far.
                    Eh? This shower is costing you a grand more than expected - surely it's made out of gold?
                    ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Working...
                    X