• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What happened to London? impossible to find work

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What happened to London? impossible to find work

I've just moved back to London 3 weeks ago, it's been 5 years since I lived here last and always considered it's main PRO for me being that there was always IT contract jobs a plenty.
    Since returning, I sit on jobserve all day, every day, refreshing my search, and only find maybe 1 suitable vacany that I apply for, on a good day maybe 2, some days zero.
    I think I've applied for about 20 positions so far, and have had NOTHING back, absolutely nothing. The only 2 calls I've had from recruiters are 1 guy who was passed my CV because the vacancy was at a company I recently worked for, and the other from someone who found my CV on monster.
    Has something happened that I don't know about? Is there really so many unemployed 3rd level support analysts applying for every one of these positions that mine doesn't even get past the first hurdle?
    Should I evacuate immediately?
    I feel like I'm losing my mind...

Join the club!

Comment

Have you only just noticed? I don't think you're cut out for the real world.
      Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by sleepyweasel View Post
        Is there really so many unemployed 3rd level support analysts applying for every one of these positions that mine doesn't even get past the first hurdle?
        Yes, I'm afraid there is.
        Numbly tolerating the inequality as a way to achieve greater prosperity for all.

Comment

I've just moved back to London 3 weeks ago, <snip>
          Has something happened that I don't know about?<snip>
          Where were you? on Mar's? because that's only way you could not have heard about the global recession

Comment

Bangalore seems like a good bet..

Comment

Originally posted by xchaotic View Post
              Bangalore seems like a good bet..
              probably still be better off here given all the benefits you can claim .

Comment

Yes!

Comment

It's grim but keep searching.
                  Good luck mate.
                  +50 Xeno Geek Points
                  Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
                  As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

on a recent episode of the wire there was an in depth discussion on evacuation and frankly your using it out of context unless your answer to not having any work is to s hit yourself

Comment

Working...
                    X