• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

ClientCo: “Have you a response to our new requirement yet?”

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ClientCo: “Have you a response to our new requirement yet?”

HAB: “What requirements?” Getting worried that he has forgotten something in his dotage.

ClientCo: “We need to cover xxxxx. It was in the document I sent to you before I went on holiday”

HAB: Fair tuliping himself at this point checks the e-mail. “I’ve not gotten anything from you since June”.

ClientCo: “No, you must have it I spent ages doing it before I went away.”

HAB: “Nope, send it again and I’ll get on to it.” Thinking he is in deep trouble.

ClientCo: “Ah, Oh, Er, Em”, muffled handset, but can hear rude words. “Er HAB, I’m sorry. It’s still in my drafts folder. I’ll send it now.”

HAB: “OK”.

Fraking septics. If it was that important why didn’t he make sure I had it before he fraked off to the Hamptons for a month? Come to think of it, why is he back in the office? He told me he wasn’t coming back until after the Labor day holiday. He’s got me worried that I may have an ex-client co soon.

How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
    Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

FFS, I'm going to get on a plane and give the septic a

I've been through the requirements three times and couldn't see anything that isn't done already.

So I phone Clientco to find out WTF he is on about and I go straight through to the underling. He says, that client is still on holiday. I say he called me from the office, but underling says nope not seen him. Then he corrects himself and says that client was in when he was at lunch.

I ask what these requirements are about and he says he knows nothing about any requirements. I describe what they are and he says, "But your system does that, I use it to do that every day".

I send the spec to the underling. He opens it and says, "Oh no! I know what has happened. He get a report from me each day and he wants to see it on your system. But he doesn't know that the bits he wants, I take from your system in the first place"

FFS,

Frak it, I'm going for a pint.
    How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
    Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
      I've been through the requirements three times and couldn't see anything that isn't done already.
      Then quote a timescale of 3 weeks to deliver and spend the time dossing around...

Comment

Originally posted by centurian View Post
        Then quote a timescale of 3 weeks to deliver and spend the time dossing around...
        no just quote the time for implementing it again
        This default font is sooooooooooooo boring and so are short usernames

Comment

Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
          "But he doesn't know that the bits he wants, I take from your system in the first place"

To delivery of existing report in Janet & John format:
          $1,000,000

Early remittance is appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

To delivery of existing report in Janet & John format:
            $1,000,000

Early remittance is appreciated.
            "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
            - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Working...
            X