• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The financial crisis is over, says Anatole Kaletsky in The Times

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The financial crisis is over, says Anatole Kaletsky in The Times

In which case be afraid, very afraid. He has been commenting on economics in The Times for over ten years. He is nearly always wrong.

The financial crisis is over
    Originally posted by Anatole Kaletsky
    Whatever happens in the next few months — and some serious risks still lie ahead — it is now clear that a rerun of the 1930s Great Depression has been avoided. The Great Recession, which was predicted by many economists and pundits to be far deeper and more intractable than any previous postwar downturn, may go down in history as the Great Exaggeration.
    This is the man who said last autumn that Gordon Brown should get a Nobel Prize for Economics.

I thought I might stock up on some basic supplies, guns, ammunition etc. and head for a cave in Wales.
    +50 Xeno Geek Points
    Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
    As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

AKatelsky is a ****.

That is all.

Comment

My take.

Economy collapses.
        Trillion dollar bailout.
        QE.
        Things improve on the markets.
        Unemployment rises still.
        Senior market analysts say the growth can't last.
        Joe Public sat the growth can't last.
        Media says it's all good. Happy days.

What happens next .......

If everyone can see it's all a big lie and about to crash howibly again, yet the media still paint a rosie picture it kind of feels Orwellian, out of our control. Out of the governments' control.

So who pulls the strings? What is their agenda?

Global financial reset and new financial world order?
        Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

All we need now is for David Smith (also from the Times) to say everything is rosy: then we are truly doomed.

Comment

The Major Global Corp that is my client is all set for a double dip.

And since they pretty much directly influence the outcome I would suggest they are right.

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
              The Major Global Corp that is my client is all set for a double dip.

And since they pretty much directly influence the outcome I would suggest they are right.
              You work for the Bilderberg Group?
              Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
                You work for the Bilderberg Group?
                No, one of the attendees.

Comment

Any talk of a crisis being over is redundant if you ask me as long as the country has this massive debt round our necks.

I had a dream last night Gordon was forced to resign.
                  "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post

I had a dream last night Gordon was forced to resign.
                    In your dreams!

With house prices now rising at 25% pa (extrapolated) who is going to force him out! At this rate we will all be property millionaires again soon.

Comment

Working...
                    X