• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Vehicles

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vehicles

I'm aware that CUK can be a stitch 'n' bitch fest at times but - for once - bear with me whilst I compliment a business.

Despite living in London I finally succumbed to temptation and bought a car yesterday from a car supermarket (main dealer for the same vehicle with similar mileage was ~30% more expensive) in Northampton called The Car Shop.

They were able to provide the vehicle I wanted, with full service history (which I verified with Saab before handing over the cash) and said vehicle is now in my garage. And it's ace.

So - kudos TCS.

Originally posted by Menelaus View Post
    I'm aware that CUK can be a stitch 'n' bitch fest at times but - for once - bear with me whilst I compliment a business.

Despite living in London I finally succumbed to temptation and bought a car yesterday from a car supermarket (main dealer for the same vehicle with similar mileage was ~30% more expensive) in Northampton called The Car Shop.

They were able to provide the vehicle I wanted, with full service history (which I verified with Saab before handing over the cash) and said vehicle is now in my garage. And it's ace.

So - kudos TCS.
    A Saab!? Oh dear!
    I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

Originally posted by BolshieBastard View Post
      A Saab!? Oh dear!
      What's up with Saab? I love 'em, this is my third.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
        Does the service history apply to the front half or the back half...

<ZG in "always look a gift horse in the mouth" mode>
        Your GAL-ship, I was careful to take a pair of coveralls with me and get a look under the vehicle for obvious blatant marks of welding!

Comment

Originally posted by BolshieBastard View Post
          A Saab!? Oh dear!
          Vauxhall with a Saab badge.
          Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
            Vauxhall with a Saab badge.
            = cheap parts

(I might be an ugly bastard, but I'm not an idiot)

Comment

= cheap parts

You should use that as your sig
              I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
              CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
              CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

GM have some very good engines, Vauxhalls aren't my cup of tea but Saab's aren't bad looking so what's the problem?

Most manufacturers share parts bins so there aren't many mainstream models that are unique to a particular marque, AFAIK BMW and Merc don't share but you pay through the nose for the privilege.
                Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
                  GM have some very good engines, Vauxhalls aren't my cup of tea but Saab's aren't bad looking so what's the problem?

Most manufacturers share parts bins so there aren't many mainstream models that are unique to a particular marque, AFAIK BMW and Merc don't share but you pay through the nose for the privilege.
                  Again another reason why I don't drive a BMW (any more) or a Merc

Comment

= cheap parts

Well I'm sure you are not an ugly bastard ......
                    +50 Xeno Geek Points
                    Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
                    As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Working...
                    X