• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What is it with Arsene Winger ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is it with Arsene Winger ?

Eduardo takes a blatant dive mid-week seen by everyone.

How and why can Mr Winger justify sticking up for the player - he himself should be brought to charge for bringing the game into disrepute ? This is not a good example at all - makes my blood boil in fact

You mean the part where he said it shouldn't have been a penalty?
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
      You mean the part where he said it shouldn't have been a penalty?
      Yeah.

Comment

So much for his "belief in good football".

He was always the same though.

Comment

Does anyone know (I'll want to see video evidence) if Wenger has <ever> seen one of his players dive, foul or commit any other footballing indiscresion?

I mean ever?
          'elf and safety guru

Comment

Originally posted by kaiser78 View Post
            Eduardo takes a blatant dive mid-week seen by everyone.

How and why can Mr Winger justify sticking up for the player - he himself should be brought to charge for bringing the game into disrepute ? This is not a good example at all - makes my blood boil in fact
            He's a c****. (Yiddo)

HTH
            Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Wenger said it wasn't a penalty. He didn't say it was a dive, but managers always stick up for their players. Sure it was a dive, it's wrong, it's cheating, but it's something that happens every week in top football. Anyway Celtic were thrashed and our dubious penalty meant nothing in the scheme of things.

Was Michael Owen 'clever' when he won a penalty against Argentina with a dive? Steven Gerrard is notoriously light on his feet yet he carries no reputation as a diver. As for the 'great' Wayne Rooney:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8cmpozcslIA
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PM2sohlAv04

I'm not condoning Eduardo's behaviour, but the way he is being vilified you'd have thought he was the first ever football player to cheat.
              Cats are evil.

Comment

Originally posted by swamp View Post
                Wenger said it wasn't a penalty. He didn't say it was a dive, but managers always stick up for their players.
                WHS. It would be a poor manager who slagged off his players in front of the world's media.
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by swamp View Post
                  I'm not condoning Eduardo's behaviour, but the way he is being vilified you'd have thought he was the first ever football player to cheat.
                  True he wasn't, but he should still be hounded for it, as should every other player caught doing it, starting from now.

Then it might have an effect. I'd prefer video evidence during the game so that results aren't affected, but Platini and UEFA are against that for their own (illogical and stupid) reasons.

Brushing Eduardo's actions under the carpet because he wasn't the first is a vote for the status quo - Carry On Diving.

Comment

He has really came across as a bit of a knob in the last day.

It's no wonder that Ferguson always gets the better of him in these mind game battles.

Comment

Working...
                    X