• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Local news

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Local news

How this item of nationwide significance was overlooked by the national papers and broadcasters I'll never know.

Cows on road (SFW)

Motorists were advised to watch out for the animals.

That makes it sound like The Greatest Show on Earth

Ladies and Gentlemen, Roll Up, Roll Up! Never before seen on this or any dual carriageway, we proudly present...

<drum roll...>

The Two Ambling Cows of Wiltshire!

<fanfare of trumpets, leaping acrobats, etc.>

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      Motorists were advised to watch out for the animals.

That makes it sound like The Greatest Show on Earth

Ladies and Gentlemen, Roll Up, Roll Up! Never before seen on this or any dual carriageway, we proudly present...

<drum roll...>

The Two Ambling Cows of Wiltshire!

<fanfare of trumpets, leaping acrobats, etc.>
      I check that website from time to time to see the important events in my former hometown that I might have missed.

So far there hasn't been many. Or should I say any?

Comment

Originally posted by Gonzo View Post
        So far there hasn't been many. Or should I say any?
        You should certainly say "haven't been"

Comment

Originally posted by Gonzo View Post
          How this item of nationwide significance was overlooked by the national papers and broadcasters I'll never know.

Cows on road (SFW)
          The Salisbury Journal is a bit behind the Times (literally), because I'm sure that article Killer Plant Found in Garden was in the Times a couple of weeks ago (unless this plant is springing up all over the place and it was in a different garden).
          Last edited by OwlHoot; 29 August 2009, 06:24.
          Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
            The Salisbury Journal is a bit behind the Times (literally), because I'm sure that article Killer Plant Found in Garden was in the Times a couple of weeks ago (unless this plant is springing up all over the place and it was in a different garden).
            Maybe it is springing up all over the place.

My Dad emailed a photo last night of the one that is growing in his garden. He is in Salisbury though.

Comment

Working...
            X