• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Credit Card Advice

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Credit Card Advice

I got a letter from EGG today saying my payment is overdue.

I rang them because I cancelled the card in Feb 05

They guy on the phone said "Ar yes, The AA took a payment in Sep 05"

I asked how could they take a payment when the account was closed to which he replied, "You should have cancelled the reoccurring payment with the AA"

Spoke to his Line monkey who said the same thing. - Lots of swearing and cussing before my ending words where "Sue me"

Anyone know where I stand here ?
    Throw them to the lions - WC2 5.4

They can sue you.

HTH

Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
    threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by threaded
      They can sue you.

HTH

Care to elaborate

Comment

Continuous authority credit card payments - you must inform the AA to stop taking the money (or refund it), it is not in the hands of the credit card company. The relationship is between you and the vendor.

Direct Debits on the other hand means the relationship is between you and the bank.

Comment

It's called a Continuous Payment Authority

The AA did this to me as well. This type of payment is called a Continuous Payment Authority and there is thread of people having the same problem.

CPA Thread

From what I gathered during my investigations, there is nothing you can do except pay up and make sure you cancel your account with the AA, also check whenever you are setting up these types of payments that you always remember to cancel them whenever you cancel a credit card.

Comment

Originally posted by wc2
            Care to elaborate

Keep your money under the mattress

Comment

A few choice telephone calls to a few choice places - Refund on it's way to the Credit card company

Comment

Working...
              X