• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

A sign of the times in the world we live in..

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A sign of the times in the world we live in..

Was driving into town and the first radio advert was C***** offering to wipe out your credit card debts on a no-win-no-fee basis.. their parting slogan "don't let the banks win"...

The second advert straight after was a foreign person in a broken English accent praising the local University for giving her an education, and how 3 years ago she knew no English at all.

Later that night an old work colleage sent me a message on Facebook to explain that she'd be worse off going back to work and is planning a third kid...

It got me thinking... this country is f**ked...
    The cycle of life: born > learn > work > learn > dead.

Originally posted by chris79 View Post
    Was driving into town and the first radio advert was C***** offering to wipe out your credit card debts on a no-win-no-fee basis.. their parting slogan "don't let the banks win"...

The second advert straight after was a foreign person in a broken English accent praising the local University for giving her an education, and how 3 years ago she knew no English at all.

Later that night an old work colleage sent me a message on Facebook to explain that she'd be worse off going back to work and is planning a third kid...

It's taken you HOOOOOOOOOOOW long?

Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Please tell me kind sir, the college where I can learn English plenty quickly please?
      'Orwell's 1984 was supposed to be a warning, not an instruction manual'. -
      Nick Pickles, director of Big Brother Watch.

Comment

Originally posted by SantaClaus View Post
        Please tell me kind sir, the college where I can learn English plenty quickly please?
        Much plentiful cheapness, sir?

Comment

Originally posted by chris79 View Post

Nice to see your "tax dollars" at work, isn't it. Thank goodness for IR35, so we have an opportunity to contribute even more (not that any of us do, of course. )

Nomadd
          nomadd liked this post

Comment

Working...
          X