• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Rugby

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rugby

This feels like an -anonymous meeting, but here goes.

"Hello. I am Menelaus, and I am a rugbyist."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/8229073.stm

I wanted to make the distinction so that I'm not accused of being a snob or a chav / oik when referring to the story above and making the point (not difficult admittedly) that this is absolutely appalling.

In fact, I hope that the 21 chaps who I'm sure believe that this was simply high-jinks, have the book thrown at them.

They probably won't have the book thrown at them Men. (they should but ...)

I can still remember being the age when I would have thought pinching a roller was hugely funny and wouldn't have thought about the possible consquences. Most of my friends from then are now very respectable people. Obviously I declined to join them in that unhappy state.
    +50 Xeno Geek Points
    Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
    As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

And she survived? The ground must have been very soft.
      My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
        And she survived? The ground must have been very soft.
        Anyone else have a bugs-bunny style mental image of the woman getting out leaving a perfect woman-shaped hole in the ground?
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

I used to really enjoy playing rugby (and was marginally competant,) but chucked it in when the antics off-pitch started getting out of hand. I hated the peer pressure to join in or f*** off, it could get quite nasty when loads of beer was thrown into the equation.

Comment

She is out of hospital.
            My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

VERY impressive to get her out of hospital so soon.

Comment

Rugby chick - brain is optional
                +50 Xeno Geek Points
                Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
                As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

and she does NOT look happy.

I for one would not want to be one of the 21 Merthyr boys right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
                    and she does NOT look happy.

I for one would not want to be one of the 21 Merthyr boys right now.
                    No kidding, she's probably quite pretty, but she looks distinctly murderous in that picture.

Annoying a rugby playing girlie is undoubtedly unwise.

No doubt the perpetrators were drunk and being silly, but running over a tent with a roller was less than intelligent, they deserve a good legal slapping.

Comment

Working...
                    X