• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Belgian Grand Prix - who is going to win?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Belgian Grand Prix - who is going to win?

Fisichella, Vettel?

Is it only me who cares?
    +50 Xeno Geek Points
    Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
    As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Originally posted by Zippy View Post
    Fisichella, Vettel?

Is it only me who cares?
    <>Button.

I'm afraid that if it's Giancarlo Fisichella, Eddie Jordan may have an orgasm live on BBC1.

Comment

They make nice choccies.

And beer.
      Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by Board Game Geek View Post
        They make nice choccies.

And beer.
        And are kind enough to provide a location for UK and Germany to have a scrap!

Comment

Originally posted by Zippy View Post
          Fisichella, Vettel?

Is it only me who cares?
          Looking at fuel weights, I think Toyota are looking strong.

A strange grid lineup, which makes it all the more interesting. Force India on pole

I'm starting to believe that Button simply doesn't deserve to be World Champion.

In virtually all sports, champions are not the one's simply with the greatest outright skill, but those that can handle the pressure, knuckle down and step up a gear when it counts (literally in the case of motorsports).

Button's lead was only there because of an overwhelming technical advantage in the first 7 races - the likes of which has probably never been seen before. Even Schumacher's Ferrari wasn't that far ahead of the field.

Now the other's have caught up, he shows signs of bottling it.

If Jenson does win the championship, I just hope he's able to put in at least one more good race (preferably a convincing win). Otherwise there will effectively be an asterisk next to his name in the list of champions.

Comment

From experience I'd hazard a guess it'll be the one that manages to get in front, and then stays there to the end..
            Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
            threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by threaded View Post
              From experience I'd hazard a guess it'll be the one that manages to get in front, and then stays there to the end..
              Except in the case of last year's Belgian Grand Prix...

Comment

Originally posted by centurian View Post
                Button's lead was only there because of an overwhelming technical advantage in the first 7 races
                His team mate had the same car and was lying a long way behind after 7 races, Button out-drove him.
                However by the same reasoning, Button is doing something wrong. Two races in a row his teammate (I can't spell his name) has convincingly outperformed him.

I guess at the start of the season he had nothing to lose, and finding himself with the perfect car, went for it. Now he's under massive pressure... a true champion could cope with it but has Button been in this position before?
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

i'm expecting fisichella, trulli and heidfeld (and their teams) to screw things up along the way and barrichello will win again with raikkonen second and vettel third.

having said that, the start is going to be crucial i'm half expecting a big pile up which will mean a restart and who knows who will be left.

and having said that it would be great to see force india, toyota or bmw win. they each have huge issues in funding and it is good to see the underdogs get some publicity. a lot of drivers will be positioning themselves for that ferrari drive.

Comment

Originally posted by Menelaus View Post
                    <>Button.

I'm afraid that if it's Giancarlo Fisichella, Eddie Jordan may have an orgasm live on BBC1.
                    I'd better get the red button working just in case
                    +50 Xeno Geek Points
                    Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
                    As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Working...
                    X