• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Eddie Izzard

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Eddie Izzard

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00m3z1f

This may have been covered in these parts before ... if so, apologies.

Eddie Izzard = marathon runner? Who knew?

Originally posted by Menelaus View Post
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00m3z1f

This may have been covered in these parts before ... if so, apologies.

Who cared?

Comment

I'll be really impressed if he runs in heels
      I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
      CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
      CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

Originally posted by centurian View Post

Who cared?
        I think anyone running a marathon distance every day for several weeks is worthy of some respect... especially if raising money for charities. I heard about this a while ago, certainly wouldn't have thought he looked like a serious runner previously.
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

He's done 28 marathons so far and has 15 to go

Tweets

Yucky toe damage!

Comment

I used to run a half marathon every day and a full marathon at the weekend, my legs are totally shot now and I can't walk right for 10 minutes when I wake up in the morning.

I'm planing to get back to that when I am benched as soon as my contract ends in 3 weeks, it's that or a new belt.

Total respect to him for doing the full ones, he will be on a shed load of energy drinks, recovery drinks, ice baths to keep that up. Sometimes I would open my front door and just lie down on the hall floor I was that shattered, could not make it to the sofa.

Comment

I'm having to rest for a while, my knee clicks! It's mega anoying you can hear me a mile away. It's not soar either, any tips how to get rid of it?
              "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
                I used to run a half marathon every day and a full marathon at the weekend, my legs are totally shot now and I can't walk right for 10 minutes when I wake up in the morning.
                You layabout. I do a full marathon every morning before I go to the toilet and another one before I wash.

Then I do another one on my way to work and again on the way home.

I've run so much I don't have feet anymore and have to go around on the stumps. Next week they are going to cut me off to above the knee. But rest assured that I will run all the way to the hospital prior to the operation with the stumps as they are and run all the way back no more than 10 mins after the doctor has chopped the bits off.
                How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
                Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Originally posted by Menelaus View Post

I see this is now on TV.

Just watched the first episode and boy does it look grueling.

Comment

Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
                    I do a full marathon every morning before I go to the toilet and another one before I wash.
                    I often leave something that looks like a marathon behind when I go to the toilet. Although this morning it was more of a curly wurly.
                    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Working...
                    X