• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The Curse Of McBroon

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Curse Of McBroon

As those of us who follow Guido Fawkes (www.order-order.com) are aware he's generated a theory of correlation which is that whatever the opposite of the Midas touch is, Gordon Brown's got it.

Yesterday, GB was in Afghanistan (note, they found a Chinook easily enough for him to get around in).

Today? Chinook crashes and is destroyed.

http://www.mod.uk/DefenceInternet/De...fghanistan.htm

I'm aware of the epithet doomed but in my wildest dreams I'd never have expected us to be doomed by our own (unelected) PM!

Yep, Brown has definitely got the opposite of the Midas touch.

That's why he sold our gold reserves when the price was at an all time low
    'Orwell's 1984 was supposed to be a warning, not an instruction manual'. -
    Nick Pickles, director of Big Brother Watch.

Comment

Yep, and what is worse, he told the markets he was going to do it just to make sure the price was kept down. His incompetence knows no bounds.

LONDON: 6 July 1999 – The sale today of the first tranche of 25 tonnes of UK gold was a disaster for the gold market with the price falling to a new low, and for gold producing countries and for Britain, said the World Gold Council.
      The result of the first auction by the Bank of England was worse than many feared, said the WGC. The price of $261.20 accepted by the Government was significantly below yesterday’s market price and more than $26 below the price on 6 May, the day before the Government announced the disposal of 415 tonnes from its reserve of 715 tonnes, through a series of bi-monthly sales.
      At this price the people of Britain are being ‘short-changed’ by the Chancellor by a staggering £450 million ($600 million), “ said Miss Haruko Fukuda, Chief Executive of the WGC.
      This is the economics of the madhouse.
      Numbly tolerating the inequality as a way to achieve greater prosperity for all.

Comment

our democracy is essentially a non-democracy, an illusion

Comment

Originally posted by Menelaus View Post
          As those of us who follow Guido Fawkes (www.order-order.com) are aware he's generated a theory of correlation which is that whatever the opposite of the Midas touch is, Gordon Brown's got it.
          I loved the video of William Hague's speech in Parliament about Blair's bid to be President of Europe. Even the Labour benches couldn't stop laughing (because Gordon Brown wasn't there, and the joke was on him).

Comment

Originally posted by SantaClaus View Post
            That's why he sold our gold reserves when the price was at an all time low
            He caused the all time low by announcing the fact that he was going to sell the gold

Comment

Brown is a Scot governing the English, now who the hell thought that was gonna work?

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
                Brown is a Scot governing the English, now who the hell thought that was gonna work?
                For starters, Queen Elizabeth I.
                My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
                  Time to call in Agent X
                  Me, me, me...

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
                    For starters, Queen Elizabeth I.
                    Elaborate. Please?

Comment

Working...
                    X