• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Weather

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weather

I noted today for the first time that we've had a fall off in air temperature in the last few days and that autumn is finally here.

Am I the only person looking forward to winter? I can't stand warm weather (I'm genetically a Viking) but it's lovely to have the cooler air around.

Going to stick my fingers in my ears and go la la la at this point. Yes it has got colder but despite being bred for a colder climate myself, I don't really like winter. (unless it's a proper winter with snow and matchstick sellers dying in shop doorways)
    +50 Xeno Geek Points
    Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
    As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Originally posted by Zippy View Post
      Going to stick my fingers in my ears and go la la la at this point. Yes it has got colder but despite being bred for a colder climate myself, I don't really like winter. (unless it's a proper winter with snow and matchstick sellers dying in shop doorways)
      Did you grow up in a Dickens novel?

Comment

Originally posted by Menelaus View Post
        Did you grow up in a Dickens novel?
        Erm .. what is this growing up thing you speak of?
        +50 Xeno Geek Points
        Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
        As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

I noticed brown leaves on the ground for the first time on Friday. I like autumn, I like the crisp fresh air, I like putting on a big jacket and feeling it's value. I''m looking forward to running in the park when I am off in 3 weeks time and taking my best camera out to get snaps of the trees.

Winter always fails, so does summer with it's promises of BBQ weekends, and spring which is just the anticipation of summer. Give me autumn.

Comment

[pedant alert]

it's = it is in case you didn't know......

[/pedant alert]

Comment

I noted today for the first time that we've had a fall off in air temperature in the last few days and that autumn is finally here.

Am I the only person looking forward to winter? I can't stand warm weather (I'm genetically a Viking) but it's lovely to have the cooler air around.

Yes, I'd say you was the only person looking forward to winter. The frackin country grinds to a halt with an inch of snow ffs!
              I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

Am I the only person looking forward to winter?
                No. The Missus always suffers in the summer.

Right now, I am fractious because it is hot and humid. I am sweating and uncomfortable because it is so humid; we had really light drizzle earlier and it has made everything damp.

I hate nights like this.
                My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
                  [pedant alert]

it's = it is in case you didn't know......

[/pedant alert]
                  <pedantAlert error="iMadeASpellingMistakeButIknowHowToDoMarkupC orrectlyUnlikeYourThickSelf"/>

Comment

Originally posted by Zippy View Post
                    WHS

Summer = trips to the beach with the kids, Wimbledon, Cricket, NO FOOTBALL, barbecues with friends, le Tour, no heating bills, windows open, evening walks.

Winter = frosted windscreens, getting up in the dark and cold, getting home in the dark and cold, basically just dark and cold all the freakin time.
                    Numbly tolerating the inequality as a way to achieve greater prosperity for all.

Comment

Working...
                    X