• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Power washers

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Power washers

Thinking of one of these, supposed to be better than the equivalent karcher machines.

Anyone got experience of them?

http://www.bosch-pt.co.uk/boptocs2-u...object_id=9299
    I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Originally posted by BolshieBastard View Post
    Thinking of one of these, supposed to be better than the equivalent karcher machines.

Anyone got experience of them?

http://www.bosch-pt.co.uk/boptocs2-u...object_id=9299
    Yes.

I have a Bosch Aquatak 120i which I've had for about 5 years.

When new, it cost about £200 and seems like it could be an older version of the one you have quoted.

I use it a couple of times a year to clean the patio in Spring and sometimes the car.

It's very powerful and, so far, reliable.

The only real issue I have had with it was actually a few months ago when the hose developed a hole. Upon inspection, it had gradually worn away in one area due to rubbing against the ground when in use. Luckily, I had a replacement hose from an faulty pressure washer which upon fitting to the Bosch, resulted in the pressure increasing signficantly.

The other point to note is it is quite a heavy machine and the wheels are not the best (they are not multi-directional) when moving it but, I suspect, this is the same for most presure washers.

(Just noticed the eBay link I have quoted is for a new unit which at £50 is a steal).

P.S. I believe Halfords currently have their own brand presure washers reduced to half price.
    Last edited by Clippy; 1 September 2009, 01:31.

Comment

Originally posted by Clippy View Post

P.S. I believe Halfords currently have their own brand presure washers reduced to half price.
      Buying own-brand from Halfords is not a good idea in my experience.

p.s. I have a Karcher 3.2 - good for scaring the cats away.

Comment

Karcher owner here too.

Need to be careful which nozzle you use when doing the car otherwise you'll need new number plates

Comment

I have a Homebase own brand special that I bought 8 years ago, and it's still going strong. I think it cost £49.99
          Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

http://direct.tesco.com/q/R.205-9151.aspx

Karcher half price....

Comment

I was thinking of buying one at the weekend, if I got one it would be a big karcher, but still, when the car wash costs 3 quid, I cannot justify to buy a jet washer

Milan.

Comment

Working...
              X