• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Mountain Bike

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mountain Bike

Yo...

I am looking for a new mountain bike. It has to be light and not too expensive. Ideally less than £300. I also need to buy it online and have it delivered, so if anyone has had any good experiences with buying a cheap, light, good MB online, let me know...

Ta
    "If you can read this, thank a teacher....and since it's in English, thank a soldier"

Originally posted by daviejones View Post
    Yo...

I am looking for a new mountain bike. It has to be light and not too expensive. Ideally less than £300. I also need to buy it online and have it delivered, so if anyone has had any good experiences with buying a cheap, light, good MB online, let me know...

Ta
    No.

Comment

Try www.evanscycles.co.uk - very efficient. You should be able to get something OK for £300 - best bet is to look for their own brand, Pinnacle which tend to have a higher spec than the better know manufacturers.

Bear in mind though that for £300 you're not going to get anything that good, but it should be tough enough to handle most trails and a few little jumps

http://www.evanscycles.com/categorie...e_to=&sort=asc

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
        No.
        I knew I could rely on you.....
        "If you can read this, thank a teacher....and since it's in English, thank a soldier"

Comment

Consider getting one second hand off eBay - I recently bought a nearly new Marin Sausalitito hybrid for 200 quid. It's 750 new.

link

Comment

I normally get my bikesd off ebay and they have generally been ok, however my last one I have had to do quite a bit of work on it. Replace the forks, replace bearings, replace rear shock - I dont think I would do it again

Comment

Decent mountain bikes start at about £500. You won't get anything worthwhile that will take even a medium amount of abuse under that price. I suggest getting something off eBay for a couple of hundred and spending the rest of your budget on parts and servicing.
              ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by daviejones View Post
                Yo...
                Urgh. Should your signature refer to it being an American soldier?

Comment

Originally posted by TinTrump View Post
                  Urgh. Should your signature refer to it being an American soldier?

Payload Bollington? Is that you?

Comment

As has been said, £300 is at the cheap end of the market but I persionally would still not get anything second hand off ebay.
                    Even relatively new bikes can have had a lot of abuse which could lead to expensive repairs.
                    Bear in mind that you should be able to get discounts on 09 bikes now as next years models are arriving in stores.
                    You wouldn't go wrong with anything from Specialized.

Comment

Working...
                    X