• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Paid £400 A Day - Recruiter Charging Client £550 - Feel Raped

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Paid £400 A Day - Recruiter Charging Client £550 - Feel Raped

How on earth is this possible????

How can a recruiter take 40% of my salary for just placing me??

Yes it is my first contract but this is a serious piss take!!!

I think you should reflect on your use of the word 'raped'
    +50 Xeno Geek Points
    Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
    As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Maybe it's because you are so bad at maths, that's a 27% cut.
      The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by joey122 View Post
        I think you have answered your own question.

27% of the gross is on the high side for a bog-standard recruitment company (but not too much).

I contracted through a consultancy once and they used to work to that margin - they did charge the client much more though because they were a consultancy so I was OK with it.

Comment

2 more things

1/ where does 40% come from?
          2/ client would not pay you 550 direct (550 is for supposed added value of keeping you at arms length)
          The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

1 more thing

When you find the client, find the business, waste 90% of your effort on things that are going nowhere and then negotiate the contract, you too can charge £550 a day.

It's not a markup. You get a percentage. Presumably one you were happy with when you signed up. It's a fact of life, learn to live with it.
            Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
              1 more thing

When you find the client, find the business, waste 90% of your effort on things that are going nowhere and then negotiate the contract, you too can charge £550 a day.
              Tell me about it, I've peed £1k last month up the wall chasing clients...
              "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

FFS, most people in these times would be happy with anything near that... live in the real world.
                The cycle of life: born > learn > work > learn > dead.

Comment

Originally posted by Zippy View Post
                  I think you should reflect on your use of the word 'raped'
                  What she said.

It's not your salary, it's a fee paid by an employment business (the agency) to either your Ltd company or your umbrella for your services.

Presumably you were happy with £400 a day, otherwise you wouldn't have taken the contract?
                  ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Originally posted by joey122 View Post
                    How on earth is this possible????

How can a recruiter take 40% of my salary for just placing me??

Demand a 50 quid increase at renewal and tell the client that you expect the agent to pay for it, ie if they try to pass it on to the client, the client should refuse.

In one contract i told my client that the agent was taking a huge cut and they were on the phone demanding my rate be raised as they had instructed all agents they deal with to only take 15% or go do business else where. So my contract was redone about 2 weeks in.

Always try to look on the front page of the CV the interviewer has on the table for the inclusive rate. Sometimes they will leave the room for a few minutes and you can have a look at it then, its your CV so there is no privacy issue if they catch you doing this.

Sometimes if the interview is going well and they are friendly you can ask them if the agency is a preferred supplier or not and then bring up the topic of agency margin if they sound open to discussing the topic further.

Comment

Working...
                    X