• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Good pubs or places for a night out round Victoria?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good pubs or places for a night out round Victoria?

My cousin is over for a night next Monday en route to the arse end of nowhere and fancies going out for a shandy or two. Could the congregation advise on the best place(s) to go for a drink around Victoria (London) station?

I wouldn't choose it myself but his connecting flight is at Oh My God O'clock the following morning (Gatwick) so have to be practical.

Ta in advance
    +50 Xeno Geek Points
    Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
    As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

When I used to meet friends who worked in that area for a drink they would always pick the Talbot on the corner of Little Chester Street and Chester Mews.

It wasn't fantastic but it was OK and the people that worked in the area never suggested anywhere else.

I think that the local residents get arsey about noise from smokers outside later on in the evening though.

Comment

Will take a look at the Talbot. Thanks Gonzo

Been to Colonies a few times - still any good?
      +50 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Originally posted by Zippy View Post
        Will take a look at the Talbot. Thanks Gonzo

Been to Colonies a few times - still any good?
        No idea.

If you are lucky you'll get some replies in the morning from people who know the area better.

Comment

Originally posted by Zippy View Post
          My cousin is over for a night next Monday en route to the arse end of nowhere and fancies going out for a shandy or two. Could the congregation advise on the best place(s) to go for a drink around Victoria (London) station?

I wouldn't choose it myself but his connecting flight is at Oh My God O'clock the following morning (Gatwick) so have to be practical.

Ta in advance
          This has 'missed flight' written all over it.
          How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
          Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

How much is a taxi to Gatwick from Victoria?

<Placeholder for Zippy>

Comment

Depends what you want Zippy. Cosy pub? Lively bar?

Decentish pub: http://www.geronimo-inns.co.uk/thephoenixinvictoria/

Some reviews here though: http://www.beerintheevening.com/pubs...oria%3BLondon/

Avoid The Shakespeare unless you like sticky carpets.
              King of Chutney.

Bring back Chetty - Lord of all things Chet!

Comment

Another bar: http://www.worldsbestbars.com/city/s...der-london.htm
                King of Chutney.

Bring back Chetty - Lord of all things Chet!

Comment

Thanks chaps.
                  +50 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Can you make it up to Mayfair? You're just a short hop on the bus from Park Lane to Victoria and Mayfair opens up a whole new load of possibilities...

For instance the Punchbowl is full of mockney B-list celeb friends of Guy Ritchie. Worth a visit though, but it's expensive for a 'normal' boozer. Audley is also worth a visit, though it's best on a summer evening as the exterior is its best feature. Very cheap beer in the Audley, considering its surroundings.
                    Cats are evil.

Comment

Working...
                    X