• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Plan B - comments please

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plan B - comments please

Hi All,

I know I'm opening myself up to criticism, I've a plan B (link below) and would like comments please. Good or Bad.

I've an issue with the form submission as I'd like it to email me when a user fills it in, as at the moment they just print it off. (Question asked about this in the Tech section)

Here is the web site

www.easyslidescanning.co.uk

Thanks !!!
    SA says;
    Well you looked so stylish I thought you batted for the other camp - thats like the ultimate compliment!

I couldn't imagine you ever having a hair out of place!

n5gooner is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
    (whatever these are)

it's good.

not only that, I am interested

(\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

I've setup a mail drop to 14,000 households within our targeted audiance, so lets see what happens.....

GoogleAdd words is running, giving us about 60 hits a day.

Started all this last week.....so fingers crossed......
      SA says;
      Well you looked so stylish I thought you batted for the other camp - thats like the ultimate compliment!

(whatever these are)

Comment

I have been looking into digitising all my old photos and slides.
        There is probably a market for you.

The downside I see is that it is a short term business. The conversion is a one off. There may be a lot of pictures to convert but people will only want them doing once.
        The question is: Are there enough people with enough pictures to make a good business base?

A good business should be looking for repeat business long term. I cant see that here.
        I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
        Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

hey n5gooner,

long time no drivel.

not sure about the "tell us if we're wrong" statement. it sounds like you don't know your business. it's good to encourage communication (though be prepared for a lot of it!) but i think you'd be better offering a price promise of some sort.

i need some cine 8 done...

Comment

Best of luck Gooner.

I look forward to printing off my CUK discount voucher.

Comment

Originally posted by The Lone Gunman View Post

The downside I see is that it is a short term business. The conversion is a one off. There may be a lot of pictures to convert but people will only want them doing once.
              The question is: Are there enough people with enough pictures to make a good business base?

A good business should be looking for repeat business long term. I cant see that here.
              WHS but it all looks very professional on the website.

Comment

I've been looking into getting a machine for the cine 8 stuff as there is a lot out there....

on the price front, I think its the cheapest service at the best resolution. I half agree with the "tell us if we're wrong"........

Been away for a while, finished the last contract in June, so just got back from hols !

Originally posted by DS23 View Post
                hey n5gooner,

long time no drivel.

not sure about the "tell us if we're wrong" statement. it sounds like you don't know your business. it's good to encourage communication (though be prepared for a lot of it!) but i think you'd be better offering a price promise of some sort.

i need some cine 8 done...

SA says;

(whatever these are)

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
                  Best of luck Gooner.

I look forward to printing off my CUK discount voucher.
                  Well if anyone from CUK (or family / Friends) wants to order, I'll give them 10% off - just mention it in the additional info box on the order form.
                  SA says;

(whatever these are)

Comment

Originally posted by The Lone Gunman View Post

Agree 100% - so I need to think of it short term, and get all the business I can......just needs to pay the mortgage off on the two flats.....
                    SA says;

(whatever these are)

Comment

Working...
                    X