• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Any sign yet of that September Surge in roles?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any sign yet of that September Surge in roles?

Or is it going to be like that "Barbecue summer"?
    Speaking gibberish on internet talkboards since last Michaelmas. Plus here on Twitter

People come back from holiday at the start of September. The requirements only come through when they have had time to write a 3-sentence requirement and make a phone call. Allow 2 more weeks for that.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMark View Post
      A lot of people are still off this week because of the BH on Monday and many schools not going back until next week - and having just gone shopping I think most of the south of England's kids are in the local supermarket

Likely to be a quiet week as far as jobs activity is concerned so I would just enjoy the nice weather. Oh...
      Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Originally posted by thunderlizard View Post
        People come back from holiday at the start of September. The requirements only come through when they have had time to write a 3-sentence requirement and make a phone call. Allow 2 more weeks for that.
        The lizard speaks sense - but things in the niche that is PogleWorld seem to be picking up
        I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
        CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
        CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

On the .net front it's still completely dead, though there are quite a few IB roles on Jobserve; not much good to me though as I have no experience in that field.
          Be interesting to see this month's jobstats & see if last month's upturn was a blip or the start of a sustained recovery.

Comment

Originally posted by thunderlizard View Post
            Yes, I was forgetting about the productivity factor.
            Speaking gibberish on internet talkboards since last Michaelmas. Plus here on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by MrMark View Post
              Dead so far.

Only had one call, from an agent saying - basically - that my 20+ years computer contracting experience is useless in the current market as the last two years of it weren't Investment Banking (apparently Retail Banking - which the last two years was was - isn't good enough; my previous 5 years IB was in the '90s, so that also isn't good enough, as computers were powered by steam in those days...)

Still, he said I had a "nice" cv and he liked the "layout". Maybe I should be looking for a job as an office secretary instead!

Nomadd
              nomadd liked this post

Comment

I've only had 3 enquiries so far this week. A quiet week so far...
                "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Zip.
                  +50 Xeno Geek Points
                  Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
                  As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Originally posted by Zippy View Post
                    War - what is it good for? Absolutely nothing
                    Say it again?

Comment