• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Is it game over for UK?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is it game over for UK?

I dont like being negative but is life in the UK ever going to get better?

Manufacturing/Engineering Industry - dead
    Service sector (which was supposed to be the saving grace of UK) - Offshored
    Small business - blown out of the water by big corporations
    NHS - collapsing due to more using than contributing
    Social Security - See above
    Crime - worse than ever, prisons full, criminals being let off with token hand slaps
    Immigration - off the scale and out of control

dont mean to be a pessimist but is it time to bail HMS UK?

I bailed soon after this mob came in so you can't blame me.

What did you lot do? You voted the c...s back in twice more.
    How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
    Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

http://www.realtruth.org/articles/07...02-ssoafn.html

Comment

Originally posted by badgerpig View Post
        I dont like being negative but is life in the UK ever going to get better?

Manufacturing/Engineering Industry - dead
        Service sector (which was supposed to be the saving grace of UK) - Offshored
        Small business - blown out of the water by big corporations
        NHS - collapsing due to more using than contributing
        Social Security - See above
        Crime - worse than ever, prisons full, criminals being let off with token hand slaps
        Immigration - off the scale and out of control

dont mean to be a pessimist but is it time to stop reading the Daily Mail?
        I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
        CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
        CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

My gut feeling is that it the way we are heading, however I'm forced to disagree with my gut feeling after years of hearing my Grandad's and father's generation saying how the country is going down the pan, not what it used to be etc,. I think its jsut part of growing older

Comment

Originally posted by JoJoGabor View Post
            My gut feeling is that it the way we are heading, however I'm forced to disagree with my gut feeling after years of hearing my Grandad's and father's generation saying how the country is going down the pan, not what it used to be etc,. I think its jsut part of growing older
            Despite them being right

Comment

The flaw in your argument is that never before have we ever had a state supporting >61 million people without a fundamental wealth generation mechanism (adding value, manufacturing etc..). It is a huge social engineering experiment we are living through. Myself, I think the experiment will ultimately fail and the UK will take its place amongst 3rd world failed states in the fullness of time. Though probably not in my lifetime. HTH.
              Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
              Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

For me the scariest thing is when you have large proportions of the 18-30 year old group without any prospect of regular work, some of whom will gravitate towards gangs (already happening). At some point it's going to occur to certain gangs that the easiest way of "re-distributing wealth" is via kidnapping. When that happens, all those still creating wealth will move out of the country, overseas companies stop investing here, and the ship sinks...
                Speaking gibberish on internet talkboards since last Michaelmas. Plus here on Twitter

Comment

thanks that makes interesting (if not a bit bleak) reading, spot on as well!

Comment

Originally posted by Fred Bloggs View Post
                    The flaw in your argument is that never before have we ever had a state supporting >61 million people without a fundamental wealth generation mechanism (adding value, manufacturing etc..). It is a huge social engineering experiment we are living through. Myself, I think the experiment will ultimately fail and the UK will take its place amongst 3rd world failed states in the fullness of time. Though probably not in my lifetime. HTH.
                    I agree, I think we (the UK) are part of a large scale social engineering experiment, like a big test environment for the world

Comment

Working...
                    X