• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Gretsch Guitar

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gretsch Guitar

after much umming and aahing I'm on the verge of buying this:

http://www.audioelectric.de/shop/pro...oducts_id=5176

comments?
    I'm alright Jack

Much respec'. Brian Setzer would be proud.
    ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

I was looking for a Jazz guitar originally, and this stood out at the shop as the best sounding, ...but I also do some Rockabilly so ....two birds with one stone. I've got some Stray Cats numbers all practised up for an upcoming gig, sort of my style of playing anyway, as I come from a swing band back ground, so all those Jazz chords using the tremelo arm might be cool.
      I'm alright Jack

Comment

While you're there, grab a nice Mesa Boogie to go with it.

Nice axe.
        Kneel before Bod

Comment

Very nice, go for it. I've also wnated a Gretsch but am currently contemplating one of these:

http://www.yamaha.co.jp/english/prod...tar/index.html

I can use this while sitting in my hotel room of an evening and get back up to speed.
          Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Gretsch as played by Chet Atkins and Brian Setzer - very nice.

I used to play (and sing) Stray Cat Strut in our band many years ago, but played it on a Fender Strat USA Plus Delxue with Seymour Duncan pickups - the Gretsch would definately sound nicer!

A random Strat Plus demo from youtube here
            If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Would you like me to pick it up for you? I live just around the corner.
              I bought my guitar from them too.
              I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
              Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Cool. I'm so pleased that semi's are in again.

I'm even more pleased that they are being bought to be played properly i.e. not strumming open chords with distortion pedals a la Mancunian riff raff.

I'm from a rock background, but listening recently to Setzer playing his jazz solos - what can I say - total convert.

Comment

In the shop I played it through the new VOX Valvetronix amp. Very good you can adjust it so it stays clean up to fairly high volume but with that valve warmth.
                  I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
                    In the shop I played it through the new VOX Valvetronix amp. Very good you can adjust it so it stays clean up to fairly high volume but with that valve warmth.
                    If you are coming over, would you fancy meeting for a pint?
                    I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
                    Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Working...
                    X