• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Permie tulipe......

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Permie tulipe......

Just got the hapf year appraisal form from my manager. Life was so much better when he was my client.

What is the point of appraisal forms? Thought we were supposed to sit down and have a joint chat - this guy has completed it and emailed over to me saying we will discuss at the next 1-1 a week away.

Thankfully mostly good, but, makes you seriously question the bollocks us permies have to go through!

I'm proud of Wilmslow
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Well done Wilmslow.

You've nicely articulated Reason #1 Why I'm Not A Permie.

Keep up the good work for that full year appraisal.

Comment

Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post
        Just got the hapf year appraisal form from my manager. Life was so much better when he was my client.

What is the point of appraisal forms? Thought we were supposed to sit down and have a joint chat - this guy has completed it and emailed over to me saying we will discuss at the next 1-1 a week away.

Thankfully mostly good, but, makes you seriously question the bollocks us permies have to go through!
        I used to hate appraisals, 1-2-1s etc etc. Wot a load of complete and utter

Comment

I thank God I became freelance before this sort of tulip became fashionable.

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

It was only invented to give some HR drones something to do. Any half decent manager can take the same work and same objectives and produce a fully justified appraisal across the results spectrum, from "wilmslow" to "fail" to "resounding success".
            Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by moorfield View Post
              Well done Wilmslow.

You've nicely articulated Reason #1 Why I'm Not A Permie.

Keep up the good work for that full year appraisal.
              WHS

I think I'd rather live under a bridge and drink meths.
              And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

I worked at a governnent place that had quarterly appraisals. HR has a reputation there......and the quarterly appraisals were hated by most folks I knew. I was contracting so I didn`t give a damn, quite enjoyed teasing the permies prior to their next quarterly appraisal
                Last edited by SuperZ; 3 September 2009, 14:43.

Comment

My last appraisal, they gave me a £15,000 a year pay rise

Then took my company car away
                  Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                    It was only invented to give some HR drones something to do. Any half decent manager can take the same work and same objectives and produce a fully justified appraisal across the results spectrum, from "wilmslow" to "fail" to "resounding success".
                    pointless middle management tier
                    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Working...
                    X